Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I Just wanted to share this with you guys because the question has been asked often. I replaced my 315/35/17 nitto 555Rs with 345/40/17 Toyo TQ Drag radials. With no modifications and the typical deep dish 17x10.5 wheel that most of you run.

·
Registered
164 Posts
And for the car, damn that looks like you'll hit the tire every time you hit a bump

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
yea makes the wheel look alot smaller imo

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
335's would have been plenty..

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's mostly for the purpose of traction rather than looks. But personally, I love the look over the nittos, they're too small and the gap in the wheel was too large. These TQ's fill the wheel well nicely. The bulge isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. And the tire doesn't rub anywhere, even over bumps. 1st gear is no longer useless!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I were to get drag radials those would be the ones. Pretty inexpensive and I hear nothing but positives with them. No mustang guys seem to use them though, all lsx cars.
Yeah, $289 shipped for both tires was the deciding factor.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Like I said, didn't do it for looks. But I'm more into the drag look over the low profile sport compact look. Nittos weren't cutting it. There's plenty of Cobra guys around here running these with great results. I can stick it in any gear now without feathering the clutch.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
dude that looks like ass.......

your only make 430...so if you where haveing problems hook it was because your suspension sucks...

with it being so wide alot of the tire isnt even contacting since its bulging to much....you and the bronco next to you is running a close race on height lol...but hey its your car

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ha... Eibach drag launch, strange adjustables, baseline uppers and lowers, no front sway bar and MM CC plates. The contact patch is much wider than the nittos. I was in the market for something 28" tall. It was between the 295 MTs, 325 M&Hs and these....which just happen to be 345's and half the price of the others. Also, didn't ask for opinions nor do I need them. Just showing everyone that previously asked. And to all who PMed me enquiring about these tires...PMs replied.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I think is different but doesn't look bad at all. At least it serves a purpose and you are pleased with them!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts