Modded Mustang Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Can you post two side view pictures of your car? one before and one after.. Because Im willing to bet your car looked twice as good before.. Dude no offense but that looks like ass.. And I agree with what the other guy said.. Im in the 400 HP range and I have Nitto 275's on the rear at 24 lbs. of pressure at all times.. and I can do a dead stop run on a private street and dont spin at all..

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
They didn't have these tires in a size that fit a 10.5" wheel properly?
They did, but I wanted something bigger and they were about $150 more for the pair. It's no different than a 275 on a 8" wheel, which is very common. I've already put 150 miles on em and am very happy thus far. Overkill? Probably...

As far as launching...on the street it's fine....on the track, I have draglites for that. But still plan on trying them out.

·
Registered
903 Posts
maybe I'm not looking at this right, but in that first picture, it looks like the Nitto isn't installed correctly on the car. It looks like the tread would be rotating in the wrong direction with the way its mounted. Is that how you were running them?
Have you never heard of reverse drag racing??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Just wanted to share this with you guys because the question has been asked often. I replaced my 315/35/17 nitto 555Rs with 345/40/17 Toyo TQ Drag radials. With no modifications and the typical deep dish 17x10.5 wheel that most of you run.

So no fender bending or any suspension work? Just simply buying the 345s and slapping them on the 17×10.5 and boom done?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts