Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here, I just bought a 347 stroker sb to go in my 02 gt. I just want some opinions on what heads and cams you guys run. I dont know everything about engines and I will have help with the build. I dont really know anything about the duration, lift ect for cams. I can tell you that this will be a nitrous motor, and when the money is there will have a turbo set up. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely time for some real fun.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
Nitrous is ran with high compression and strokers are too.

But if you want alot of PSI on your turbos you need low compression

You need to find the happy median

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so are you saying you dont like the turbo/nitrous combo? Yea it will be EFI im looking around at different plenums, may go with a trick flow.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
No the turbo nitrous combination is fine

But im saying Nitrous LOVES high compression and Turbos under high boost cant handle real high compression so im saying find a happy median. Wich will depend on the boost your planning on running

Reactions: 8t6gt

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I see, as far as a head cam package do you have any opinions. I just dont know enough about them to make a decision.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The trick flow R is what im looking at. What are you running, thats a very clean ride.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
Im looking at the Holley Systemax ones for mine

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
if your gona run boost you might even consider a box style intake or maybe the spider intake......they arent as much for low end torque but if your gona run boost it wont be as big a deal.......if your gona put on some decent boost i wouldnt go over about 9.5:1 compression......trickflow also make really nice heads.....if you wanna spend some money you might look at the CNC 185cc trickflows......and just get a custom came once you have every other part of your engine already decided on

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright thanks for the help guys is there anything specific I need in the heads. I have heard AFR heads are strong and Im planning on giving them a call, prob just do the same thing with the cam.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
AFR are very strong they would also be a good choice

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
I keep hearing great things about the Holley yet everyone always gets the Trickflows so I havent heard alot of on car reviews

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea I think Im going to go with AFR, man im about to be broke again haha. When the time comes Im pretty set on going with Hellion for my FI, and prob around a 150-200 shot of juice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts