Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm still having the surging/stalling idle on my fox. I checked the vacuum and it is at 12 idling. I read that 15-20 is ideal but on the same token, cars with bigger cams will generate a lower number. Am I good with 12? I have a TFS stage 3 cam, Duration @ .050" - 236°/248°
Valve Lift with 1.6 Rocker - .574/.595
Lobe Separation - 110°
ported twisted wedge heads with a holley systemax 2 upper and lower. Also has a 1 inch intake spacer. it has 1.7 rockers too. Fuel pressure is at 30, heard that was a little low too. Could that be vacuum related? Let me know it I am leaving anything out.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
12 is fine

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
You check fuel pressure with the vac line disconnected from the fuel pressure reg

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Just put your thumb over the the hose running to the intake when you do the test.... so yes, plug it

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just put your thumb over the the hose running to the intake when you do the test.... so yes, plug it
Rgr that, thanks man. I also noticed alot of gunk behind the lower intake and it looks moist. Could that be part of the surging/stalling?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Is your pcv valve still hooked up and all the way into your lower intake ?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
that's the port that's centered in the back right? I have what looks like a blanking plate. No PCV that I can see. Car has zero emissions equipment.
What are you using to relieve crank case pressure..... a breather on the valve covers ?

·
He of Long Wind
2,172 Posts
I use the pinch method to trace vac leaks in the lines - sometimes it works. Just setup your gauge and then take a pair of needle nose and squeeze the various vac lines around the engine bay. If your gauge jumps higher at any point, the line you just blocked has a leak.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts