Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 V6 roush stage 1, its got the short throw, heated leather, white guages, 18" wheels, the whole package is like an extra 15-20k on the price of the mustang when it was new. The standard stage 1 includes lowered, 17" wheels, dual side exit exhaust, and roush style body panels.

3500-4000 in mod money

Do I do engine mods, cam/heads/intake, do I get suspention/handling, control arms, sway bars, gears/lock, or do I just go past everything and get a TMA turbo or procharger kit.

I was thinking if I could piece together my own kit with a used head unit I could get a cam and a procharger.

Im debating buying this roush, but not sure if I should get it and mod the **** out of it or buy the GT

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sell your car and take all your money and buy a GT

Sent from my ADR6350
I essentially already did that, I wrote it off and I have 9 grand to spend on a new car.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
if i was given the opportunity to basically start over there is no way i would find myself in another v6

take the 9k buy a nice new edge gt and save a couple thousand for mods

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i was given the opportunity to basically start over there is no way i would find myself in another v6

take the 9k buy a nice new edge gt and save a couple thousand for mods
Im kind of thinking that myself, the only reason im considering this is because its A: An actual roush with matching numbers, B: There arent that many GT's available for reasonable prices in my area right now.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Im kind of thinking that myself, the only reason im considering this is because its A: An actual roush with matching numbers, B: There arent that many GT's available for reasonable prices in my area right now.
you could probably even import a higher milage new edge cobra from washington for around 9k

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
2003 V6 roush stage 1, its got the short throw, heated leather, white guages, 18" wheels, the whole package is like an extra 15-20k on the price of the mustang when it was new. The standard stage 1 includes lowered, 17" wheels, dual side exit exhaust, and roush style body panels.

3500-4000 in mod money

Do I do engine mods, cam/heads/intake, do I get suspention/handling, control arms, sway bars, gears/lock, or do I just go past everything and get a TMA turbo or procharger kit.

I was thinking if I could piece together my own kit with a used head unit I could get a cam and a procharger.

Im debating buying this roush, but not sure if I should get it and mod the **** out of it or buy the GT
It all depends on if you just wanna make power (GT) or have something a little more rare (roush v6) to play with. I personnaly would go with the roush and mod it instead of having a gt like everyone else.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Turbo the roush ;) ...the roush mustang's look so good ...either way your gonna spend money modding it and want forced induction with either pick cause its fun...the gt no doubt will always sound better but put a nice cam in the 6 and it will sound awesome :)

Nick Lentini

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
how much are they asking for on the roush? I bought my bonestock, 60k mile, 1 owner Roush Stage 2 for $10k. if they are asking anywhere near that tell them to piss off lol.

I wouldn't get a Roush V6 personally, sure it's rare but you're definitely going to be disappointed in the power aspect.

·
Shoulda had a V8
551 Posts
Honestly if you're in love with the roush, go for it and put a power adder on. Personally, if they're asking a lot for it, Id try to save the money and and find a Mach1/cobra. You can find some decent ones for 12k-15k. Plenty of power stock and sounds amazing. Mach1s are also not as widely known as the cobras if you're into that whole rare/unknown thing, and not as overpriced as cobras for the same reasons.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the roush, I can get for around 5, so not a lot! Ive got a few more days to search, I just need a car.. tired of borrowing my dads truck.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
sell the 6 and get a GT (or something with more power), there's not a lot to be gained out of modding a v6

·
Shoulda had a V8
551 Posts
sell the 6 and get a GT (or something with more power), there's not a lot to be gained out of modding a v6
Power adders with stock block 3.8s make around 300 tuned. Our sixers are lighter also, so an SCed one could beat a GT with simple bolt ons. Throw a cam, headers, and ported heads and you're making a decent amount of power.

If he's asking 5k for the roush, but it and throw a centri on there. That thing will fly :)

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Power adders with stock block 3.8s make around 300 tuned. Our sixers are lighter also, so an SCed one could beat a GT with simple bolt ons. Throw a cam, headers, and ported heads and you're making a decent amount of power.

If he's asking 5k for the roush, but it and throw a centri on there. That thing will fly :)
Even with that, 300 isn't alot, it'll still leave him wanting more in the long run. Why not start with a base that can be made into more than that? I'm not saying anything against 6 cylinders, but honestly, how many of the guys on MM would say "I wish I would've modded my v6 instead of this GT" or cobra or whatever? If he's got the cash for a GT I'd say go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Shoulda had a V8
551 Posts
Even with that, 300 isn't alot, it'll still leave him wanting more in the long run. Why not start with a base that can be made into more than that? I'm not saying anything against 6 cylinders, but honestly, how many of the guys on MM would say "I wish I would've modded my v6 instead of this GT" or cobra or whatever? If he's got the cash for a GT I'd say go for it.
Yes this is true, hp for the 3.8 tops out around 350 without major modification. The thing is though, If he bought a GT right now he'd basically have no money for mods. The roush is rarer and a little more peppy than a stock 3.8 (correct me if Im wrong) so he could have a fast car in something around a month. It would be a good investment to go for a GT now, but it all depends on how much power you wanna make in the end. Plus, the roush will probably retain its value better than just a 3.8. He could sell the car and some of the 3.8 specific parts, and buy a GT while keeping things like the injectors, fuel pump, power adder, etc, and throwing them on the GT later down the road.

I dunno, its what I'd do :p

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
GT. You'll spend way too much time & money modding a 3.8L to end up getting slaughtered by any and every 'sports' + car on the road. Just too old and slow to be worth modding.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts