Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 speed 93 LX “triple white” feature car as my everyday driver. I was going to rebuild the 5.0 in it, but I came across a 95 F4TE 351 block. I'm thinking about installing this block as it's something different than the standard 5.0. I would like some advice in component selection. My criteria is: everyday driver (1500-5500 RPM) and emissions legal. I've been reading up on the 95 351 Cobra R engine. I thought with today's technology I can do better than the 300 hp, 365 lbs of torque (maybe somewhere in the 325-350 hp and 370-380 lbs of torque range) I want the engine to look “semi-stock” and not too radical. I have a 351 GT-40 lower and a 93 Cobra upper. I would like to run a roller cam, but hopefully a cam with newer technology than the E-303 to meet emissions. Aluminum heads, but which ones? 24 lb injectors? 65 mm throttle body? To make it a little quicker, I was thinking of a 3.27 gear. I don't want to make it a stroker, because I don't think the intake would support that size engine. I'm not looking for a Sunday drag car, as I said, this is my everyday car. I just want it to run respectable and to be a little more fun. Any suggestions would be welcome.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
You should easily be able to get 350 or better hp out of it, even with that intake. Just make sure you get some decent compression, and use a quality head like a TF 170 or AFR 185 at the least.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Yep, good head and cam, and port the lower intake to flow some air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts