Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 351 w in my 1993 convertible the car was original 5.0 i had put new gt spring in the car a year ago when it was still a 5.0 they are factory moog replacements now with the 351 she sits low in the front and handels like crap i like to dive this car on weekends and i hate the ride of lowered cars does any one have an idea what spring i can put up front to handel the weight of the 351w and keep normal ride height

·
Registered
333 Posts
Instead of looking at just swapping springs (coil overs = adjustable ride height) why don't you put in a tubular k-member? That would help to partially solve the poor handling characteristics of the 351. It's also a good excuse to buy things like a fiberglass hood, aluminum heads, and a battery relocation kit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the k member just is not in the budget i had just bought all the other stuff when i put the motor in. I have to change the front lower control arms now thats why i lookin for a diffrent set of front springs

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
well in order to compensate for the extra weight of the 351 your gonna have to get rid of alot of weight the k member will help that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts