Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i know this is kinda off subject on the forums, but i need all the help i can get with this. And i figure i would ask ya'll and maybe ill get a answer. To start off, I have a 1988 Ski Nautique that has a 351 windsor in it. Now there isnt much different between the marine engines and the regular 351. But for the past year i have had a problem with the boat after it warms up. For some reason after about 30 minutes of driving, it wants to sputter out and die on me. Then i can wait for about 15 minutes, and it will crank back up. But it'll die again after about 5 minutes when its warm and just keep on doing it. I have blown out all the fuel lines, changed the fuel filter, checked the distributor, and it has a holley carb on it (which has a filter inside the big nut on the fuel lines) and even checked and changed that one. And i have checked all the ignition wires. I thought maybe it was vapor locking, but the exhaust manifolds dont get hot enough in the marine engines to do that. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
you'll get more help in the fox forums...

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
what kind of distributor is on it. Have you checked the coil after it gets hot. Heat acts like resistance in circuits. could be fine while its cold, but once it gets warm is where the problem lays. do you have a dmm?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts