Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys think its a good idea to swap my engine out for a 351w? i kno its gonna be a ton of work with swappin out just about everything that makes the car run but im jus tryin to figure out exactly how hard.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
do you guys think its a good idea to swap my engine out for a 351w? i kno its gonna be a ton of work with swappin out just about everything that makes the car run but im jus tryin to figure out exactly how hard.
Do a search...

Its not worth it, only one situation where it is: Donor vehicle, and your doing all the work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well yea i would be doin all the work myself as far as time and money goes im in no rush to get it done

·
Registered
947 Posts
well yea i would be doin all the work myself as far as time and money goes im in no rush to get it done
its not going to take as much time as it is money...but ya that would be awsome to put a cobra r engine in your stang...

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
its not a hard swap saleen did it for all the s-351

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
throw an lsx motor in tehre and beat up on the camros

·
Registered
300 Posts
throw an lsx motor in tehre and beat up on the camros
yeah if your gonna go tearing everything out i say throw a lsx motor in there.. it will be better =]

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
or a 00 cobra r
A 00 CR 5.4? Yeah..... right. That'll never happen, even if you have the money.

Do a search...

Its not worth it, only one situation where it is: Donor vehicle, and your doing all the work.
Here is something that comes up alot in this hobby. "Its not worth it." If its not worth it, then why are we even wasting our time with this website? Why do we ask questions and try new things? I think the biggest waste of time is bitching about something not being worth it... or not being practical. Its not worth it to you.. that doesnt mean its the same for the next enthusiast who wants to do it.

Djh >

If you want to do it, go for it. Its a good idea, if its something you really want to do.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Another thing to remember, SVT used V6 based mustangs for all the 95 Cobra R's. Very basic, and straight to the point. Its not hard at all, and peicing everything together isnt a big deal, just takes some time and lots of hunting.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I say do it, the v6 is the cheapest platform to do it on.

That way you can just strip the suspension and everything while your at it.

Coil overs, launch bar, 8.8 rear, new tranny, new motor, strip your int

i think it would be sick =]

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
or a 00 cobra r
cobra r is a 4v 5.4L not a 351w.

if youre gonna drop in a 351, stroke it to a 427 FTMFW than beat up on ls7 vettes!!! :cool:

i cant see the swap costing SOOOO much that its not worth it. explain please. and just for the cool factor, how many people can say they have a 427ci new edge pony????

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
cobra r is a 4v 5.4L not a 351w.

if youre gonna drop in a 351, stroke it to a 427 FTMFW than beat up on ls7 vettes!!! :cool:

i cant see the swap costing SOOOO much that its not worth it. explain please. and just for the cool factor, how many people can say they have a 427ci new edge pony????
engine, 5.0 K member, bellhousing(if not getting a tranny engine combo, and some other little things is about it

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i think its worth it for sure, something ill look into for the future :)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
wut auto trans bolts up to a windsor motor anyways? does 4r70w, aod, or aode bolt up?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.