Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How big of a difference is there between the 351c 2v & 4v heads. I assume they flow a little better but there is a big difference in price from what i can see. I'm just thinking of building a mild street/strip motor. Nothing over 300-400hp would a set of 2v heads kill the motor or what?

·
Registered
102 Posts
How big of a difference is there between the 351c 2v & 4v heads. I assume they flow a little better but there is a big difference in price from what i can see. I'm just thinking of building a mild street/strip motor. Nothing over 300-400hp would a set of 2v heads kill the motor or what?
The 4v heads are better for high performance, high rpm applications. The 2v heads are good for street use and give you better low end torque. The specs for both heads are below.
351 Cleveland

1970-73 D0AE-E
D0AE-J
D1AE-AA
D1AE-CB
Carb. (2V Open) Chamber Vol. (74-77 cc) Intake valve. (2.04") Exhaust Valve. (1.67") Intake Port. (2.02 x 1.65") Exhaust port. (1.84 x 1.38")

1970-71 D0AE-G
D0AE-H
D0AE-M
D0AE-N
D0AE-R
D1AE-GA
Carb. (4V Closed) Chamber Vol. (62.8 cc) Intake Valve. (2.19") Exhaust Valve. (1.71") Intake port. (2.50 x 1.75") Exhaust Port. (2.00 x 1.74")

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if you had a choice of a set of used 2v heads for $100 or a set of used 4v heads for $800 bucks which way would you go? I guess what I'm asking is is it worth the extra money to buy the 4v heads? BTW, thanks for the technical specs, that is helpful.

·
Registered
102 Posts
so if you had a choice of a set of used 2v heads for $100 or a set of used 4v heads for $800 bucks which way would you go? I guess what I'm asking is is it worth the extra money to buy the 4v heads? BTW, thanks for the technical specs, that is helpful.
If you are only trying to get 300 hp maybe 400, I would get the 2v heads (make sure that head is what you really want, there are a lot of options out there.) You can make the 2v’s flow pretty good, just do your homework and make sure you mach everything correctly.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Don't bother with the 2V heads unless you are planning on getting pop up pistons.

they have no quench area and run like **** on unleaded gas, detonation at 20 degrees timing... shitty...

It would be worth your time to track down a set of aussie 2V that have quench area or just get a set of aluminum 3V knock offs from procomp or the real thing from CHI.

You can get a set of 4V bare heads on Ebay for a reasonable deal now and then and they work fine on the street, don't listen to all the they are only good at high rpm bull crap that everyone likes to sell.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
i have been trying every where to find out how to tell the dirrerance in a 351c 2v or 4v. sorry to highjack the thread but i cant figure any thing out on this i need to know what intake to buy. thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Pick up a set of 4v's. Tad more potential and a little bit better casting as well.

CHI is the place to do and purchase cleveland parts if you ever wanted to step up. Currently have two Cleveland motors for sale that competed in the Engine Masters Challenge. Have a 434" and 351" setups. Both make GREAT power on 91 octane.

Prices are a little steep though. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts