Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm on another board and the are 2 guys wanting to sell me 351w blocks. 1 of them is a roller block from a 95 Lightening and it has been bored .30 over, has been align honed, vatted and cleaned. Well the other guy has a 351w that has been bored .40 over and it's an f4te? roller block (not sure what that is). Either one better over the other or is it the same block?

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
f4te is just inicating its a 351 roller block... both lightning and trucks got the f4tes.... so either would worke for you... i would get the .30 over because it has room to grow.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
if youre gona stroke it anyway go pull one that hasnt been bored unless you trust its not some hackshitjob

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
need moar carb and wont hit it on an unstroked 351

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
I said get an unbored once since obviously you want 550hp which means stroker. You posted some random objects

·
Registered
34 Posts
What he's saying is that unless you do a stroker setup you won't hit 550 on motor without stroking it and if your gonna do a stroker either get a block that hasn't been bored or if you trust the guys buy one that is but there's no guarantee that it was done good and also that 650 carb is way too small get a 850 holley hp or somethin similar and have that Vic jr port matched to your heads too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts