Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up a 351w today from father inlaw,its a 70 or 71 motor thats been rebuilt,still want to get a set of AFR 185s,but was wondering if all the other stuff from my 302 will fit on the motor,would like to keep my car fuel injected,any input would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
pick up athe 205's first off.

secondly, your lower intake wont work, your dizzy wont work and your oil pan and headers wont work.

hence why they sell swap parts.

you can get all the stuff you need to keep it fuel injected. THe lower intakes for 351's usually cost a pretty penny

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
its not the heads, its the bends of the primarys do to the extra 1.3 inches in height.

351 is 9.5 inch deck height, 302 is 8.2 inch deck height.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will the motor sit higher in the engine compartment,the way the 302 sits it barley fits under the hood

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just needs motor mounts to fit the stock hood.

·
Registered
23 Posts
summit racing and jegs sell a swap kit for that.. and id say if you wanted to keep it fuel injected look for a 351w truck intake set up or something of that sorts.but definitly check out summit or jegs for ur swap.. and it appears u have a little bit of a cowl hood so u might clear..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i have a cowl hood already and im planning on getting solid motormounts,the hood wouldnt close without having the cowl hood

·
ChuckTheKing
534 Posts
i picked up a 351w today from father inlaw,its a 70 or 71 motor thats been rebuilt,still want to get a set of AFR 185s,but was wondering if all the other stuff from my 302 will fit on the motor,would like to keep my car fuel injected,any input would be appreciated thanks
302 parts make 302 power... if you want to make the power that a 351 will make then you might wanna think about stepping up... especially those heads...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts