Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as of recently my 2002 mustang gt started to grind when i throw it into 3rd gear no other gear just third, ive adjusted my clutch countless times cause heard that could have something to do with it. but wasnt, my only other guess would be syncros? but it only grinds at high rpms. anyone had this problem? another question, i got 4.10s and im working on a 03-04 cobra swap, should i stay with a 3650 and build it or find a t56? thanks for all you help

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
you only way to fix it is to have the trans rebuilt or replaced. You are correct to assume the synchros are going out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so would you rebuild the 3650 or find a t-56? since i am in the process of a cobra swap?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
:withhomo. just because your doing a 4v swap doesnt mean you need a t56

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Look at the future goals you have for the car. IF you plan on making a lot of power 600+ Id go with a T-56, but if you dont have that kind of power goals, a rebuilt 3650 with a 26 pline input shaft will work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im actually looking for a t56 for a reasonable price, and an 03-04 cobra wiring harness and computer, anybody got any ideas to where i could find these items?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Corral.net svtperformance.com eBay ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts