Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have researched a little on this matter on a upgrade tranny that will bolt right in place of my 3650! For a t56 I would have to shorten my driveshaft and get a different crossmember and I think change the yolk too? I dont want to change or spend more money then i have too so the question is what tranny can I just bolt right up??? TKO?? ?????

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also to add to my own 3650 thread 3rd gear the shifter shakes at a low rpm like 1500 to 2200 so my gues is something is going out and the question is what???????????????

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
+1, if you just want a rebuilt 3650 then look into ProMotion.

·
Registered
266 Posts
1. I'd look for a used stock replacement, they can be found cheap $600 or so.
2. Have your stock one looked at and rebuilt.
3. if MORE power is in your future Pro Motion makes a nice 750hp rated 3650
ProMotion Powertrain

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
For the money a used T-56 will be the best value. you might be able to get the DS with the tranny but if not your upgrading to a aluminum piece so its worth the money. The T-56 is also a 6 speed the TKO may not be depending on what model you buy.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
do it right the first time and swap to a t56, **** this pos 3650

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was under the impression that a aluminum DS would not work with the t56 cause of the yolks?? Is it easy to rebuiled trannys im not an mech?? I'm looking in the future to push like 600 to the wheels so.... the 750hp rebuiled kit would be awesome!!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
just get the tko 500.. easy fix.. never worry again.. imo

·
8,720 Posts
I was under the impression that a aluminum DS would not work with the t56 cause of the yolks?? Is it easy to rebuiled trannys im not an mech?? I'm looking in the future to push like 600 to the wheels so.... the 750hp rebuiled kit would be awesome!!
The T-56 is slightly longer than the 3650 so you just get a cobra driveshaft, which is aluminum and bolt it right up

just get the tko 500.. easy fix.. never worry again.. imo
TKO isnt bad but no better than the T-56 and only a 5-speed.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
what is the power rating of the t56?
Let me put it this way. There's Terminator owners (who have upgraded their clutch) running 600+ rwhp through their stock tranny. :rockon

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hhhhhmmmmmmmm........ just might have to do that! lol

·
8,720 Posts
Its def the best way to go. T-56s seem to give out in the 750 range.

·
Registered
266 Posts
don't forget the 26 spline upgrade on the T56 too.

·
Bearer of Bad News
2,478 Posts
The yolks (I believe) are the failing point once you start making tons of power. If you aren't pushing out a ton of power, you shouldn't have to worry.

·
8,720 Posts
don't forget the 26 spline upgrade on the T56 too.
The yolks (I believe) are the failing point once you start making tons of power. If you aren't pushing out a ton of power, you shouldn't have to worry.
For a direct swap those steps arent necessary yet. The 26 spline upgrade costs a pretty penny.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well my car ha 88k on it and the tranny is still going and the previous owner may have already rebuilt it so I may just get the 750hp rated one from promotion powertrain. but the t56 is a 6speed so..... I hate making desicions!! lol I might go with the 3650 just because I know it will bolt right in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts