Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 90 lx stick. im curious if i should get 355 gears or 373. i dont drive it much but was curious of what kind of pull i may expect and the drivability of the gears.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
If you don't drive it much, 3.73's all day long. Expect to **** yourself the first time you gun it, and save money for tires, lol. Driveability is the same except for higher rpms down the highway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree- I had a 90 lx stick 20 yrs ago and went from stock to 3.55's- 6 months later, I did the 3.73's and they were perfect- I just put 3.73's in my 89 saleen about 2 months ago. Definitely the best gears for a fox body.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ive got 3.55's in mine and they suck if you plan on drag racing. id go for 3.73's thats what im swapping out for soon. also had 4.10's in a 94 and i hated every second of those.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have 3.73's and love em.. this thread is getting unanimous lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
what about if you have a power adder.....I have a S-trim and wondered if 3.73 would be to much with that, if 3.55 should be better. Any ideas or experiences?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Ive heard 3:27 or 3:55 if use a power adder, Im going with 3:55 and i have 3:27 right now

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think I might have to stay 3.55 or 3.73 at the most.
I'm afraid of too much gear and really not being able to keep the tires hooked up, specially since its going to be a street car not a track car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the help i just bought the 373s a couple of hours ago. anything i should buy additionally with it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts