Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I upgraded my fox 2g to a '94 thunderbird 3g alternator a few months ago, and I keep shredding my serp. belt. I believe that the pulley on the 3g is spaced out a little too far to the front of the car, since the motor side of the belt keeps ripping. Any suggestions, or has this only happened to me?

·
Registered
127 Posts
how much belt tension do you have sounds like there is too much tension to me i run a sn95 3g with a 87.5 belt for years in all my foxes with no problems

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Can u get a pic of the pulley alignment, what bracket are u using?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can u get a pic of the pulley alignment, what bracket are u using?
Using my factory 2g bracket, just shaved the back corner a little bit to get the 3g case to fit.

I have no smog pump now, but all other belt driven accessories.

I had a 84.5" on there and the one edge got shredded, just stepped it up to a 85.25"

Not to mention, when I changed the belt to the longer size, I noticed my tensioner pulley has a little play in it which cant be helping me at all.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I started the car this monring and could here the belt ticking around the pulleys of course, so i popped the hood to look at the belt while it was running (again) and saw that the water pump pulley was about a 1/4 of an inch pushed forward towards the radiator. WTF.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts