Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so theres some 2v guys in my area saying they can hit 12's with full boltons...:tomato

thats pretty impressive but i think our 3v's can do better... so with full bolt ons, some sicky icky tires and NO poweradder... whats the best time to expect our of our s197?:cool:

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i get a 12.8 with just a cai, tune, a little suspension, and MT ET Streets. it would be low 12's with full bolt-on's i think.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm going to try my luck this Sunday,with the Mods I have,and street tires...BFG's...not persucky's...lol....like I've heard on here....:yes

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I'm going to try my luck this Sunday,with the Mods I have,and street tires...BFG's...not persucky's...lol....like I've heard on here....:yes

You should do low 13's

I did mid to high 13's yesterday, completly stock with the BFG's, no times though, but considering I beat a 01GT with a few bolt ons, people are saying I did mid to high 13's... don't burn out the tires... I lost by half a car length against him cause I warmed my tires... when I didn't I pull like a bat out of hell and was ahead of him through the whole race... and he had 4:10's :eek:

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
With full bolt ons including heads and cams, you could hit 11s with the right suspension and tires.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The time you see in my sig is all bolt ons, recently we've squeezed more out of the car in the tune. I'm up an average of almost 2 mph in my trap speed, and running identical et's BUT I have not been able to cut similar 60 foots cuz the track owner is bein a cheap bastard and not treatin the track, I've only cut 1.8 60's. SOOOOOOO consider if I get my 60's back down to the 1.6's running a a quicker trap than 12.3's are completely plausible and that is with all bolt ons, and mild weight savings. More radical weight savings like an entire K-member and so on could net even lower et's.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
they have a couple guys on another forum that are running high 11's with cold air, tune, gears, suspension, and 1 piece driveshaft. and trapping 109-114 mph

·
Registered
660 Posts
And I've got Leprachaun that shits gold.:eek:

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Start another thread and see what the hp is of anyone who broke 12... I think you would have to have the perfect run to get much below 12 with bolt-ons. I am looking for mid 11s this spring with a SC..

·
Registered
660 Posts
Lets not forget there is a huge difference between a 12.9 and say a 12.4 and then down to a 12.1, those are car lengths when it comes down to it. PLUS thos SN95 cars are significantly lighter than our S197's

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
11's with my nitrous:D me hoping...dunno

·
Registered
660 Posts
300lbs is extremely significant. Ask my step dad who has been drag racing for years, or anyone else who has for any length of time, if they think 300 lbs less on their cars would have been nice to lose. I understand I may not have the amount of posts some guys do on this forum but that doesnt mean the information I give is any less legitimate, so please think about the before you try to demean play down the legitimace of what I say. Hell a 300lb drop in weight in my car could damn near put me into the 11's. The most acurate measure of how a car will perform isnt gross output but power to weight ratio and the ability to get that power to the pavement.

·
Registered
722 Posts
you also have to consider the location, demographical region, above sea level below sea level...... those are major factors.... hell grabbers car would prob go 1to3 tenths faster were i am. so just remeber that when taking a poll like this because it could take way more power if you live up north then down south. Jared

1 - 20 of 53 Posts