Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is way in the future... Well, its in about 6 months but after the car is paid off, I plan on dropping another engine in it. I was talking to the original owner of my car and he was telling me that a 3V is cheaper and more powerful that an 4V... I'd like to keep my transmission and rear end. Its going to be N/A so which way should I be looking? All this has got me totally confused! There are so many options to go with. It will be a street monster if anything... He was also mentioning "Teksid"?

·
Registered
890 Posts
If you keeping it n/a then I'd say get a stroker kit with the 4v and 4.10. You would be all set

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
a teksid in an older alum block.

If your staying N/A a 323 high CR 4v boss block with custom cams and intake will be what cha want...but not cheap.

next would be a high cr 323 3v with custom cams and intake(cheaper)

other than that I'd stay with a 3v high cr boost motor

this is what I'd do if I was to stay n/a

or get a LSx with a camaro

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
a teksid in an older alum block.

If your staying N/A a 323 high CR 4v boss block with custom cams and intake will be what cha want...but not cheap.

next would be a high cr 323 3v with custom cams and intake(cheaper)

other than that I'd stay with a 3v high cr boost motor

this is what I'd do if I was to stay n/a

or get a LSx with a camaro
I'm not familiar with a "323". What is that?

I don't want to sound like a bitch or anything but I'd like to get a motor that is already put together, and then I'll add to it. This is my first motor work... I've never done anything internal. Just bolt-ons...

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
if you want a built longblock you will be looking at over 6k

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
depends on your topend. with ported heads, cams, and intake over 400rwhp

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
just boost a 2v man

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
idc..your car

you can do a build bottom end, cobra tank with pumps w/ 40amp BAP, and a D1sc and make well over 400rwhp and not worry about refills. The tranny is what will need to be addresses after that

·
Registered
789 Posts
Find a junked s197, take the motor out, and go boost. If your gonna get a 3v stock and stay na hitting 400rwhp is very very hard. Just take a look in the 3v section here and try to find one na guy putting up 400 to the wheels. Boost is cheaper and easier. With na the only thing you get the pleasure of saying "but its all motor" when a shinning m90 walks ya :/ goodluck though man!

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
a cammed, ported heads, and intake 3v will make 400rwhp, and full bolt ons

1 - 20 of 87 Posts