Modded Mustang Forums banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Totally agree about the 2010-11.

To go back to the beginning of the thread, I think it is really stupid that the V6 and V8 both dont get that much power compared to similar cars, or even ones with smaller engines. I understand where your coming from saying that if they actually used all the power and hp that they could get out of these great engines, then the V6 would be too close to the GT, but the thing is, they should be doing the same to the GTs. I mean look at the G8 GT, Camaro, Challenger, or hell even other cars that arent V8's that are soo much faster than my car. It pisses me off a little that Ford didnt maximize the use of the engines and put out all the power that is there.
Well that's why they came out with the 2011 cars ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
One day when you kiddies learn that it's not about Horsepower at all and all about engine torque, maybe this topic will go away!

Check out how much torque the little 2.5L 4cyliner has?

The 4.0 V6 is a torque monster! (Not as much as the new 3.7 though.)

Remember a famous quote: "Horsepower sells cars - Torque wins races"

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
One day when you kiddies learn that it's not about Horsepower at all and all about engine torque, maybe this topic will go away!

Check out how much torque the little 2.5L 4cyliner has?

The 4.0 V6 is a torque monster! (Not as much as the new 3.7 though.)

Remember a famous quote: "Horsepower sells cars - Torque wins races"
:rolleyes:

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
+1 to that. But that is quite a bit more of an investment. And once I get the stage 2+, then I will start looking into an SC.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Yeah I really like the aspects of the xcharger. I just wish it put down more power. Although the newest intercooled one does seem to be making much bigger gains. Deep into the 300's

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Well you'll need the 2005 fuel rods, but I think they tell you that when ordering. I'm not sure why this is, but it's necessary. Really, you won't need much to handle it. If around 300 to the wheels, and even up to maybe 350, you'll be fine. I'm not sure if it comes with a fuel pump and spark plugs, but the xcharger kit is advertised as having everything you'll need for a successful install.

Wheels and tires will of course be important to get, b/c honestly my stockers don't have enough grip for what I have now.

And then suspension pieces, and maybe an aluminum DS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know you'll need a bigger fuel pump. From what I've read most people elect to use a GT500 fuel pump cause your can swap it directly with the fuel pump in a v6.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well that's why they came out with the 2011 cars ;)
Thats true, but on the flip side, they also added a 5.0 in the GT, so yeah it has more power, but i can guarantee that that engine could have a lot more power. Yeah the upgraded them for the other new muscle cars that came out, but why didnt they do that 5 years ago, to make sure they blew away every import driving by the Ford dealership? Oh well, still badass cars that are faster than 75% of the cars on the road(normal cars, not Ferrari and ****, those dont count :D)

·
Registered
130 Posts
"one day these cars will be classics." One this for sure, 05-09 have classic body's:)

Torque and Horses,

v6 05-10 240 Tq 210 Hp
v8 05-08 320 Tq 300 Hp

v8 09-10 325 Tq 315 Hp

v6 2011 280 Tq 305 Hp (note, less torque than a v8 05-08)
v8 2011 390 Tq 412 Hp

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually, I did go off a beaten path in mine, GPS led me onto a road that quite literally was not a road. Jeep drivers would have paused before hitting this thing. My baby got me through nonetheless

121 - 140 of 149 Posts