Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2006 mustang with the 4.0L engine. it has a cold air intake and true dual exhaust and that is really the only power adds to date. I am interested in getting a wet NOS kit. I was thinking 75HP shot. Does anyone here have nos on a 4.0L? if so how is it? worth the moeny? I know stock motors can not handle a lot of NOS, but 75 would be fine, or would any NOS kill the engine quicker over a short time?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
I got a 2006 mustang with the 4.0L engine. it has a cold air intake and true dual exhaust and that is really the only power adds to date. I am interested in getting a wet NOS kit. I was thinking 75HP shot. Does anyone here have nos on a 4.0L? if so how is it? worth the moeny? I know stock motors can not handle a lot of NOS, but 75 would be fine, or would any NOS kill the engine quicker over a short time?
a 75 shotwill be fine, and yes it will be worth it, expect to spend about 350-400 for the kit, then you will need a bottle warmer and a window switch, and a purge kit is a good idea, at some point you will also wanna get on a dyno and have your A/F adjusted so you dont lean out and you get max power since with no fuel nitrous does nothing

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
The ZEX kit looks good imo.....and the nitrous itself will cost you 500, and the purge, bottle warmer, pressure gauge, and blowdown kit is another 300. So 800 to have the whole thing. ALL tracks require a blowdown tube if you want to use nitrous.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
The ZEX kit looks good imo.....and the nitrous itself will cost you 500, and the purge, bottle warmer, pressure gauge, and blowdown kit is another 300. So 800 to have the whole thing. ALL tracks require a blowdown tube if you want to use nitrous.
or a dynotune kit for 360(same as zex same company makes their stuff) and purge 68,
warmer 99
blow down 22
pressure gauge included in warmer kit
total 549

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think you only need a blow down tube if it is mounted inside the car. if it is in the trunk or under the spare tire cover in the trunk then you do not need one.

I am thinking of getting the 5lb bottle, I am not sure if I want a Huge 10lb.

I do not race a tone, but I would like Nitrous for the ocassional Ricer a$$ kicking. Typically how long does a 5lb bottle last?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What is a bottle warmer for anyways? and why would I need one? I mean I know that it keeps it warm, but what exactly is the need to keep it warm?

I am just nervous doing 75 shot and hitting it and blowing something on a mustang that is under a year old. with a 75HP shot I will be fine?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
I think you only need a blow down tube if it is mounted inside the car. if it is in the trunk or under the spare tire cover in the trunk then you do not need one.

I am thinking of getting the 5lb bottle, I am not sure if I want a Huge 10lb.

I do not race a tone, but I would like Nitrous for the ocassional Ricer a$$ kicking. Typically how long does a 5lb bottle last?
go 10 5 wont last at all and dont spray on the street that is stupid and illegal, and a blow down tube is required in all cars gas can get through the rear seat and if you like being able to see get it

What is a bottle warmer for anyways? and why would I need one? I mean I know that it keeps it warm, but what exactly is the need to keep it warm?

I am just nervous doing 75 shot and hitting it and blowing something on a mustang that is under a year old. with a 75HP shot I will be fine?
it keeps the bottle pressure regulated so you dont get supre low and hurt your engine
and you will be fine with a 75

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
no hes sayin you must use a blowdown valve if you have nitrous and you want to spray at the track. It is required no matter where the tank is placed.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
so your saying unless i go to the track, don't get nitrous?
yeah unless your going to the track nitrous is not for the streets, you need to be spraying between 3-6k rpm and only at wide open throttle so you wont really get any gains on the street

1 - 20 of 34 Posts