Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i have all season crappy tires will the gears even do much or will i just spin out all the time?

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
On an 07 you definitely will get some spinning. How crappy are these tires? Might as well invest in some summer tires in the spring though. Nothing more fun than launching the balls off a car with some short gears.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the plan,so is it worth getting the gears now? will the car be harder to drive in the rain/snow with a/s tires? i have michelin pilot 235/18 now

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
It will make driving the car a bit unsafer to drive in rain/snow with crap tires. Then again, summer tires aren't really that great for rain/snow either. Take it easy til the weather gets better. Then order tires and gears.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
All mods = crap gains with shitty tires. Rule #1 is power is no good if you cant make it stick :yes..... spining aint wining :no

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I still spin with my summer tires at 40 :(

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Learn to control your right foot ;)

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Gears have nothing to do with traction. Tires and suspension are the only thing that effects traction.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
if your not fi you will be fine with all season and 410

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
Either way, it's bound to be one hell of an experience. Careful.

I actually think you'll be ok if you know how to use the throttle correctly. If you punch it at a light, you'll spin, of course. I do with my Nitto 555's. If you're rolling, you won't spin unless you want to (clutch kick or something).

As long as the road is dry, you're good. Wet roads are a different story. You WILL spin the **** out. Everywhere.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Gears have nothing to do with traction. Tires and suspension are the only thing that effects traction.
torque multiplication does have a bit to do with it, theres only so much a torque a tire can handle before it lets loose.
to the op, honestly just control your right foot and youll do alright, invest in a decent set of tires when you can

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats the thing,i just blew my wad on a bunch of other stuff.full exaust,grille,headlights and engagement ring for the miss.it will be a bit before tires,i gotta buy wheels first,ugh

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Honestly, I would just wait on buying them if you're that tight on cash

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
It's not that big of a deal using those tires you have. I consider my tires kinda shitty and they work fine.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
haha^, but honestly as long as your not getting on it and driving normal you shouldnt have a problem, when Im saying I can break my tires loose, im doing so on purpose in second gear.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you're worried about spinning and tires just wait to install them till you do get tires. If rain and snow is an issue just wait till spring to install. How were you going to install them anyways if you're strapped for cash unless you or a buddy does it.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
If he knows so little he asks a question like this I can't imagine him installing gears..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts