Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys my new XCAL 2 will be arriving tomorrow! the next mod will be an 8.8 and 4.10 gears. I'm gonna be buying the stuff I need a little at a time (and then install it all at once). I'm thinking the first thing to get will be the gears. Can anybody tell me the best place to find 4.10 gears for the 8.8. I want great quality at a good price. Thanks for the help.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
speed concepts = no!!

also check your local craigslist to see if there is a pre built or anything available

·
Registered
218 Posts
speed concepts = no!!

also check your local craigslist to see if there is a pre built or anything available
No speedconcepts? I have never ordered from them, but I thought they were okay. Never read anything bad about them (although I have never read anything about them at all, lol)

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
No speedconcepts? I have never ordered from them, but I thought they were okay. Never read anything bad about them (although I have never read anything about them at all, lol)
there costumer service sucks from what i here... ask torres...

·
Registered
218 Posts
there costumer service sucks from what i here... ask torres...
Nah, I'll just take your word for it. I swear I saw people giving out links to speedconcepts for their 31 spline assembly a couple weeks back though, so I just assumed they were good to deal with.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
if you can deal with crappy service you can go with speed concepts... since there are so many more choices for the 8.8 you can go about any where... summit racing is my favorite... big name decent prices

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
whats the closest big town to Fredericksburg??

blacksburg
charlottesville
danville
eastern shore
hampton roads
harrisonburg
lynchburg
richmond
roanoke

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speed Concepts - Mustang/cobra Rear Gears

99-04 Mustang Gears at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

Mustang Rear End Gears

If I were you I would just wait till you have enough money saved up and buy the 31 spline rear axle assembly from speedconcepts. That way if something changes and you can't go through with the rearend, you won't be out any money in parts that won't fit your car.
First I'm pretty serious about modding my car...so I don't think that I won't be able to go through with the rear end. Second, If I don't get the rear end then I would really not need the 31 spline axle. The end goal is Twin turbo. For that I need the axle and the 8.8.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whats the closest big town to Fredericksburg??

blacksburg
charlottesville
danville
eastern shore
hampton roads
harrisonburg
lynchburg
richmond
roanoke
Richmond...about 45 mins. BTW I was born in Richmond and will be moving back there in 6 months

·
Registered
130 Posts
i just spray and need them if you only want to run on street tires you can chance it but why pay for something twice build it and forget about it . a stock 8.8 isn't much stronger then a 7.5. i know i've broke both

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
im not seeing anything in your area as far as rear ends go... sorry dude... i would suggest picking up the rear end first that way you have something to play with while you are waiting on other parts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, but I was gonna put it all on the car at once anyway. I was gonna get the gears first cuz I figured they'd be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
do you already have a 8.8
i can find you one with them already in for our cars i dont know if it will work though :dunno
o and it's like $850
brand new

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
decent price on gears if they wont though

1 - 20 of 22 Posts