Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone? Think I finally decided to pull the trigger on gears. Was back and forth on it, but think it's gonna come at same time as CAI/tuner. Does anyone know of a respectable AND affordable shop to do the gear install in the general vicinity of Sycamore/Dekalb IL? And what actually is a FAIR price for this install? I've seen posts talking anywhere from $200 to about $700. How about Chicagoland in general? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Im not to sure about that area because it will very from state to state due to different economies. I paid 400 here in so cal and that was very average here. Make sure the shop you go to has done them before and that they have a good reputation with installing gears, one slight mistake and it'll sound like there's a cop in the trunk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can't really help with the Chicago area. I'm in Kansas City and just got my 4.10's installed today for 375, parts AND labor. A local shop (Accurate Performance) did them and did an awesome job as far as I can tell. I'm SO glad I got them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can ANYONE make a recommendation anywhere in the Chicagoland area to have this done? Do I look to a transmission shop for this? Try to find a high performance shop? I know for certain I will not be going to Ford for it... Please, any help is greatly appreciated.

Brian

·
Registered
231 Posts
Shops around me are usually around 400-500, gears w/install. Closer to 500 with new bearings.

·
Registered
287 Posts
RAWR Go to chicagolandmustang.com schroll down to the sponsors section 5 or 6 shops will install your gears. pm them for the price

·
Registered
287 Posts
RAWR. The 2 shops in the above post do great work. If Emay recommends these shops you can bank on them. Good luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot guys. I'll be getting in touch with them SOON!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts