Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I dropped my car off today to get my 4.10's installed. My buddy hooked me up with a guy that is known for doing a great job. he only charged me 175$. I cant wait to feel the POWER !!!! :) how long should i wait to let them break in , man i bet its hard as hell not to romp that bad boy when it gets done.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I asked the same thing and the garage that installed mine said I could romp on it right away!!! Oh you are gonna LOVE IT!!!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i would wait a few hundred miles before you get on it just to be safe. and you will definitely notice a huge difference!

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
i would wait a few hundred miles before you get on it just to be safe. and you will definitely notice a huge difference!

I agree. Just dont jump on it from a start.. Once mving u can romp as long as ur not spinning.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
well I dropped my car off today to get my 4.10's installed. My buddy hooked me up with a guy that is known for doing a great job. he only charged me 175$. I cant wait to feel the POWER !!!! :) how long should i wait to let them break in , man i bet its hard as hell not to romp that bad boy when it gets done.
congrats bro.
where are you at in georgia? i've been putting off getting gears because most of the shops around me want more than i am willing to pay currently lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
You are going to love them, the difference is noticable immediatly. Thats a great price, I paid $900 but that was for the gears, installation an sct tuner and custom tune.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
yea man i dont think your suppose to womp on them right away. you should at least wait 500 miles and keep it under 3k rpm. thats just what i was told. im sure everyone is different but think about it brand new metal rubbing around some more metal, you should prolly let them break in before you start driving the hell out of it, just in case. so much could go wrong that its just worth letting em break in.

·
Registered
682 Posts
First gear is already useless with the P1SC. And I'm a road racer at heart. If you want to sustain speeds of 125+, 4.10s are out of the question. 3.73s are a maybe at best.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Dont romp on it until after 500 miles. They have to establish a wear pattern on them... if you romp on them right away, you could develop a strange wear pattern from all the TQ and HP. So just drive normal for about 500 miles and then romp on it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
why is 125 out of the question with 4:10s? i have gone 150 with mine and probably could have gone faster.

·
Registered
522 Posts
First gear is already useless with the P1SC. And I'm a road racer at heart. If you want to sustain speeds of 125+, 4.10s are out of the question. 3.73s are a maybe at best.
+ on roads...

·
Registered
575 Posts
there is no break in period for gears. if it makes you feel better do a couple heat and cool down cycles. had mine installed on a sat raced the car on sunday no problems yet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live in north ga close to chattanooga tn. I am so excited, i will probaly give it a little while before blowing the damn tires off :) I thought about going on a trip just to get the miles on them :yes

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I live in north ga close to chattanooga tn. I am so excited, i will probaly give it a little while before blowing the damn tires off :) I thought about going on a trip just to get the miles on them :yes
cool man, my girlfriend and I usually go up that way during the weekends sometimes sightseeing stuff, really pretty countryside up in the north ga.. im kinda northeast ga, but you're probably further north than me. you'll have to let me know how that install went and pass on a good word/directions to me:cool: lol

·
Registered
682 Posts
why is 125 out of the question with 4:10s? i have gone 150 with mine and probably could have gone faster.
The key word was "Sustain". On paper using a gear chart with the corrected tire size your car will probalby do 180 MPH. But with all the air your car would have to push and other factors, you'd never reach it. I'm even skeptical of your 150 claim with a street car and stock body with 4.10s. You may tick it there, but you'd never be able to hold it there. With 3.55s I could hold there all day with room to spare. That's all I'm saying.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cool man, my girlfriend and I usually go up that way during the weekends sometimes sightseeing stuff, really pretty countryside up in the north ga.. im kinda northeast ga, but you're probably further north than me. you'll have to let me know how that install went and pass on a good word/directions to me:cool: lol
sure man, i'll let ya know how it went and be more than happy to pass on his place to you. Everyone around here recommends the guy, but we shall see.

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts
I am going to dissagree. 250 RWHP is plenty to get over 150 with 4.10s. I could get over 150 in my NPI with 192.5 i just havent...

i have never had a problem getting my car to reach 140 and keeping it there. hell, i did it this past weekend and I have 410's.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I am going to dissagree. 250 RWHP is plenty to get over 150 with 4.10s. I could get over 150 in my NPI with 192.5 i just havent...
You can disagree, but with stock 3.27 gears and 260 hp, a stock 2004 Mustang GT has a claimed top speed of 139 mph. The drag coefficient on the stock body is 0.36, which isn't that good, with a weight of 3665 lbs. You'd be hard pressed to reach that claimed number with any gear. I think that when you start getting into the 150 mph plus range, you will need 400-500 hp to move that mas thru the air. And then sustaining it is a whole nother ball game.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts