Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Big Spoon
3,214 Posts
don"t bother unless you have sub frame connectors and lower control arms yet as you will twist that thing up into a pretzel.

I am going with 3:73's for my car which is a factory 302. It is my daily driver. If I was doing track only, I may do 4:10. to put me at the top of my rpm range at the end of the track.

Primary reason for no 4:10 on the street is that 1st gear goes by retarded fast on the street. There is a guy here that has 4:10 for the street and he wouldn't change them to anything else so keep reading and researching. Use the search function because there are a ton of threads on this.

The guy w 4:10's lives by me. I need to get a ride and report back I guess.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i have 373 with my 347 and its nice median for the five speed. i also have 411 in the my 71 with 351W i think it is 3 or 4 speed but anyways that thing is a blvd car, way to much gear. 60mph is almost 3 grand, havent driven it in a while so not totally sure but i thinks that it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you done modding the car? if you don't want to pay twice for some gears, get what will work with your end all setup, for me I am going 3.55 even though I have not the hp yet for the gears. better to plan ahead then spend tons of money on diff setups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts