Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are 4.10s kinda worthless with a 5 speed? With full bolt ons I cant even hook up with the stock 3.55s. I dont want to invest my money and time if this will cause slower 60 times due to lack of traction.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
seeing how some guys make 500rwhp stick to the ground with 4.10's i would say you need to do more research

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well what are you suspension mods OP? And is running a DR a problem?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well what are you suspension mods OP? And is running a DR a problem?
Stock suspension, and I possibly may be considering DRs next season if I get new wheels and could through a set on my old stockies. I get so many mixed reviews on running 4.10s, I am on the fence if i should or not.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Up grade suspension asap, then you will be switching to the 4.10s in no time I bet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^Thanks. What kind of upgrades to the suspension are you recommending? Coilovers, springs, trac bars, etc?

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Lca's, uca, relocation brackets, cobra jet drag springs strange engineer adjustable shocks in the rear. I'd say that's a good start

·
Registered
339 Posts
Is your car lowered? Do you plan to lower it? Relocation brackets aren't necessary unless you lower the car from what I have learned(I don't have them)

I have right under 500rwhp and can hook pretty decent with my suspension upgrades...

LCAs
Udjustable UCA
Panhard
CJ springs
305 Nitto NT05s

·
Registered
104 Posts
I put 4.10 in about 2 months ago and wouldn't change a thing. Next for me is suspension, headers, and drag radials.
I promise you that you will love the gears.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
You just have to learn how to drive the car. Don't push the go pedal so far and so fast. Know the limitations of your tires and suspension and keep it right there on the edge. I would think it would be easier to maintain traction with a stick because you know when you're shifting. My auto decides to shift and I have to react to that and ease up off the gas when it does or my tires will cut loose. Having an auto doesn't mean you can just mash down the gas pedal and go. Takes a lot of feathering the throttle to keep the tires planted. With a stick you have the extra benefit of slipping the clutch. Autos don't have that ability and have to control everything with the right foot. Not any easier, in fact a little harder IMO.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You just have to learn how to drive the car. Don't push the go pedal so far and so fast. Know the limitations of your tires and suspension and keep it right there on the edge. I would think it would be easier to maintain traction with a stick because you know when you're shifting. My auto decides to shift and I have to react to that and ease up off the gas when it does or my tires will cut loose. Having an auto doesn't mean you can just mash down the gas pedal and go. Takes a lot of feathering the throttle to keep the tires planted. With a stick you have the extra benefit of slipping the clutch. Autos don't have that ability and have to control everything with the right foot. Not any easier, in fact a little harder IMO.
Very true, i wouldn't know how to drive a. Auto sports car since I've need owned one. With a 5 speed j know how to control the rpm's and know how it will react. Been driving stick for over 16 years. What was a blast was the car i learned how to drive was a 1987 jeep and that gearshifter was about a yard long. Was like riding a bucking bronco.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I can understand that.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've had 4.10's for a few months now. Best mod I've invested in thus far. Those with some drag radials and your 60' are golden.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went back to 3.55's from 4.10's. Too much torque multiplication for stock tires. Liked them in the city although it felt like I needed a 6 spd manual for highway.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts