Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ya guys after a long time of thinking about it i might do it (that is if the shop will)
but anyways i know how the 4.10s kinda mess up the speedo but like can the shop fix that by like hooking up the computer to the car and like calculating how much it increased and fix it or do i need to like replace the whole speedo. like what do i do?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k dude thanks !
i know this is a stupid question but like does this acutually go in the speedo it self on the dash or what? or drivetrain ?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
It goes on the the end of the cable that goes into the the tail shaft of the tranny.Theres a little metal horseshoe shaped tab that holds it in and is bolted to the tail shaft with either an 8 or 10 mm bolt.Take out the bolt,slide off the retainer and it will slide out,then you will see your gear.There will be a little metal c clip that slides through a slot on in the gear and holds it on the shaft.Pull the clip out with a small flat head or needle nose pliers (hold on to that little bastard or it will shoot off! ask me how I know THAT one :laughat )
and the gear will slide right off.Then reverse these steps and it'll will be back together.The whole process should take you about 15 minutes including jacking up the car if you need to fit under that far like me :D.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i'm going to do it but i have to wait till like may need to save some money up
right now i have like $350

how much do u guys think it will cost if i have the shop do it?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok sweet all have enough money before summer starts:D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
save a little bit more money and upgrade to 31 spline parts.. you'll thank me later down the line.
srry but what is the 31 spline parts?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
shudda up :asshole

your stock parts are 28 spline .. the 31 spline will hole a lot more power.

you will need to get axles and a t lock is all.
kk thanks for the heads up:)

also with the 4.10s will like how much will my top speed be affected

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
160 something with the t-45 at redline it 5th...............

u dont ever need to go that fast

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
160 something with the t-45 at redline it 5th...............

u dont ever need to go that fast
ya thats what i was thinkin to probably won't ever go over 110 right now in this stang its auto so only 4 speeds lol

just like can't wait to feel the power when the time comes :D

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
save a little bit more money and upgrade to 31 spline parts.. you'll thank me later down the line.
I wish I would have, I had the money. But my parents wouldnt let me. They thought I would never run slicks or Drag Radials. The next week, I went and bought a set of slicks! LOL

Now im regretting not doing the 31 swap since i run the slicks now. owel, im going to try the install of the 31s my self and set up my gears my self. If they howl ill have a shop reshim them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts