Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, my 95 3.8 has a rod knock and I was thinking about just dropping in a junkyard motor until I heard about the 4.2 stroker. Now from what I have read all I will need to change during the rebuild of my motor would be a windstar crankshaft, bearings, and pistons? I am also thinking about going with souper coupe rods since one of my rods is probably destroyed anyways and I plan on adding a turbo if I stay v6. Also, would there be any timing or computer issues? I had thought about a 351w swap but I think I am gonna just stay with the 6. Can somebody confirm everything I would need to do the 4.2 stroker to my 95 3.8? thanks every1 :)

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Find a junk yard low mileage 4.2L out of an f150....

Otherwise you're going to need to have your block bored, new pistons, rods, cam bearings to be safe, piston rings... (If i forgot anything I'm sure chris will be in here to add) anyway plus head gaskets, intake gaskets, fun stuff like that... And you may want to go ahead and do a split port swap, and camshaft while your in the motor.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year f150? Also let's say I were to take the v6 out of the f150 would it be a direct plug and play swap computer, mounts, hoses etc or any fab work? And could I use the accessories from my motor now on the f150 engine?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok well if thats a no then can I get an answer to the original question of what parts exactly I would need to make my 3.8 a 4.2? i know a windstar crank, pistons, and bearings... anything else? also when changing the 3.8 to a 4.2 is there any computer issues? thanks every1

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
crank from a 3.8 windstar isnt a 4.2...
you need a crank from a 4.2L v6 truck
then you need the proper connecting rods and a custom piston. unless you find a motor out of a 4.2L v6 truck and just use that short block...wont gain much power, wont be worth swap, and wont be stronger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.