Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k guys well i finally bought a 4.2 and should be installin soon but i had a question my car is a 00 3.8 and well will i use the same wiring and computer and just get it hp tuned will that work fine or should i use the wirin and computer of the 4.2 and should i go with the 4.2 heads or the 3.8 wut would be the times with the stock 4.2 and just headers and tune times be in 1/4 thanks and will keep yall posted

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea ive been readin about that port and polish but for now i just wnt to put it in and then do some work to it

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
What he said....let me know how tht turns out my father might being slling his 97 or 98 f150 and I was thinking of buying it off him just so I can have a donor car...well truck for my 4.2 swap and just yank the engine out of it and let it sit on a engine jack stand or lift w/e...and do wat mike said p & p it and cam it....if I don't cam it ill just get stage 3 heads n call it a day

So how much does a 4.2 make anyway stock?....then p&p heads....?

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
So sence the 4.2 is just a 3.8 block with. A longer/biger stroke then it sholu have "no" problem droping right in and bolting to the mustang tranmission. Engine mounts. Same harnesses....right???like legit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts