Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to build this motor pretty soon but dont know who I should let build it. ssm, dave dalke, gss, pro engine 4miles from the house. Not going back to precision engine.

Shooting for 650hp, mid 9's 1/4 or low 6's 1/8th, 2800lb chasis, 6765 billet turbo, thinking a 218/218 cam will be plenty plus be easy to tune and keep the back pressure to a minimum.

Who should I get to build this motor and machine the block?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
may as well let ssms do it....

You also may need more cam.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would avoid GSS, you'll end up with JB weld in the block somewhere...

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why do you say Tom would use jb weld in a built short block? They did one hell of a job on henry's (I think his name is) car.

Either way, think I'm going to go with dd. His price is about the best, he has all the tools to build,balance,blueprint this motor. I trust his work as much as ssm because he has been doing this for a very long time.

Next up, what cam should i be looking at...

Looking to make peak power between 6000-6500 rpm but I want to take full advantage of this smaller compressor in the low 5000rpm range.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Why do you say Tom would use jb weld in a built short block? They did one hell of a job on henry's (I think his name is) car.

Either way, think I'm going to go with dd. His price is about the best, he has all the tools to build,balance,blueprint this motor. I trust his work as much as ssm because he has been doing this for a very long time.

Next up, what cam should i be looking at...

Looking to make peak power between 6000-6500 rpm but I want to take full advantage of this smaller compressor in the low 5000rpm range.

Because, his heads from tom had jb weld :)

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
JT I could help you out some. If you research freight you could probably get a good deal from - freight quote.com

pm when your close to ready

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
JT I could help you out some. If you research freight you could probably get a good deal from - freight quote.com

pm when your close to ready

I think I would let this guy help you out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Because, his heads from tom had jb weld :)
^^^ this.... and the second (current ones) have a weld that cracked... so yeah no one will ever get a good rep about them from me

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I could probablly squeeze 140mph out of this compressor. May drop the coin on a 72gtq down the road but dont want to go much bigger than that. I'm building for high rpm so we'll see if the 67mm can keep up.

Bruce, what are your thoughts on a morana main girdle? I remember a post ron talked about a discussion with arp about the clamping force and sacraficing stud strengh because the nut is further down on the stud.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts