Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished installing my 4.30 gears yesterday., Measured centerline shimmed till it measured correct then installed the gears and shimmed till backlash was within 7 thousandths. I have absolutely no gear wine. Anyways these gears are the best thing I every did. I wish I never would have gotten the 3.73s i had in it. They pull like a train and are still very streetable. At 70 mph i am just a little over 2500. I haven't been able to floor it completely because im still breaking them in but I can still tell a difference. I also have a partially blown transmission so i was taking it a little easy on it as well lol. I just wanted to let everyone to know that they arent nearly as bad as you would think and are just a little over a 100 rpm more that a set of 4.10s. Dont fear the gear!!!!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love my 4.30s lol

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
I still regret not going for 4.30s over my 4.10s... 4.60s if I could.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
you will find out on your next track outing if they were the right choice ;)

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
5spd

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1st gear is still plenty streetable. And F8TL i know i made the right choice. Now its your turn to step your game up lol

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
cant until i take it in the quarter, no sense in putting in 4.30s only to find out im trapping to high of an rpm and have to go back to 4.10s

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like a fun combo. What is the top mph in 4
i didnt check because i didnt want to max out the car on a partially blown transmission. i will tell you it got to 100 no problem and i couldve gone to 115 or more in 4th no problem. i have my rev limiter at like 6700

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cant until i take it in the quarter, no sense in putting in 4.30s only to find out im trapping to high of an rpm and have to go back to 4.10s
I have a feeling you will be switching to them. They arent to much more aggressive than a car ive driven with 4.10s. With a 28" tall tire at the track i think itll be a perfect combo. Thats my plan anyways....

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I'm just waiting on a few parts, and then my new rear will be put together with the 4.30's. Glad to hear you like yours. With the 28" tall tires, I'm not even close to running out of gear with the 4.10's at 108mph.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
last year i was almost trapping 5800 with the way the car is set up now

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
That's what I'm trapping at now, 5800ish. I feel safe going to 6400 with the stock valve springs, which is where my power drops off badly. Once I put the cams and springs in it, I will rev a little higher than that if needed.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
i have a feeling this year i will be trapping way higher with the new trans

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
sounds like a fun setup, i would lay off any power adders if you plan on running at the track.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its going to stay an n/a car

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
with 4.10s I was trapping at pretty much top of 4th, you should be a bit into 5th with those 4.30s...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts