Modded Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm not putting you down for driving a stock car, most of us start out with stock cars.

the reason I said what I did was because your not even trying to listen to those who know 'cause you think you do.

an axle will be the least of your worries, most likely you'll either over rev the motor & blow it up or blow up the trans trying to jam it into gear so fast.

as far as the shifting I'm talking about I mean it wil be instantanious, you'll leave out the clutch, the car will red line immediately & you'll have to shift faster than you think, pretty much clutch out, right back in to grab 2nd, it's hard for a pro, let alone a newby.

don't ask for advise if you have all the answers & as far as what you think of me, do you really think I give a ****? I'm just trying to help you keep from blowing your car up.
theres a rev limiter for a reason and i run that bitch all the way to it at the track crossing the line in 3rd already. car runs mint at 135k still. thanks. and the fact you think i cant drive makes me think you cant drive and believe if you cant handle it, noone else can. that being said, i never said i knew better than anyone, just throwing some of my thoughts out there, i asked for a video, you didnt give me one.. and i just put a tranny in that has 1/3 of the miles and powershifting in it, so i can keep up with a car like im trying to build. now you got this thread all off track. can someone tell me how close to 6k are you crossing the line in 4th with 4.30s. i got the driving part down as good as i need to to have fun

· Premium Member
9,766 Posts
theres a rev limiter for a reason and i run that bitch all the way to it at the track crossing the line in 3rd already. car runs mint at 135k still. thanks. and the fact you think i cant drive makes me think you cant drive and believe if you cant handle it, noone else can. that being said, i never said i knew better than anyone, just throwing some of my thoughts out there, i asked for a video, you didnt give me one.. and i just put a tranny in that has 1/3 of the miles and powershifting in it, so i can keep up with a car like im trying to build. now you got this thread all off track. can someone tell me how close to 6k are you crossing the line in 4th with 4.30s. i got the driving part down as good as i need to to have fun
no one's got aa video or can tell you where they are going across with 4.30's 'cause no one here is dumb enough to run them in a stockish car.

everyone in this thread just told you not to do it & why.

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
no one's got aa video or can tell you where they are going across with 4.30's 'cause no one here is dumb enough to run them in a stockish car.

everyone in this thread just told you not to do it & why.
this is why you make no sense, 4.30 is a better gear for a stock ish car cuz im down on power runnign all motor. thank you sir. and your only one of hundreds of people viewing this section of the forum at the moment. so please do let someone who has the experience make a comment

· Registered
2,243 Posts
i see, your running a blown cammed car pulling 116 mph.. ill be around 106 i hope
Nahh i dont run that speed but thats where 3rd maxes out on the street before it rev limits at 6300 .

Now i don't suggest a gear that steep stock myself because its too much gear for the setup and the stock drive line. my rear is built . and its an auto trans. If you ever mis shift running gears that low your gonna be in for a nast surprise. for me a down shift from 3rd to second is like **** ... instant 5700 grand to rev limiter. a manual revs much faster. you will be in for some ****. trust me.

· Registered
2,243 Posts
this is why you make no sense, 4.30 is a better gear for a stock ish car cuz im down on power runnign all motor. thank you sir. and your only one of hundreds of people viewing this section of the forum at the moment. so please do let someone who has the experience make a comment
You will be out of your stock power band in no time. so you will be finishing the 1/4 dropping hp .

· Premium Member
9,766 Posts
i see, your running a blown cammed car pulling 116 mph.. ill be around 106 i hope
but if i get a tenth away from 12.99 ill be borrowing my buddys slicks for a pass or two
that is why I'm talking to you the way I am, your not listening.

what would make you think you should pick up 7 tenths & 4 mph with a gear change on a stock car?

you might see 2 tenths & loose a mph or to if you went with a sane gear like a 3.73 & you had the tires to hook up.

as to my experiance & being scared since I told you not to do it, what a joke, I've been building & racing drag cars since before pretty much everyone in this section was born (made my first legal pass at 16 in 1982 but have been at the track since I was born pretty much as I traveld around the north east with my dad while he crew cheifed on some big name cars) & have numerous class, track & division championships under my belt.

I generally make between 500 & 700 passes a year, every year for the past 30 years, scared, I don't think so, but sometimes I try & help out some dumb kid & I never seem to learn that some are just to stubborn to listen.

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
that is why I'm talking to you the way I am, your not listening.

what would make you think you should pick up 7 tenths & 4 mph with a gear change on a stock car?

you might see 2 tenths & loose a mph or to if you went with a sane gear like a 3.73 & you had the tires to hook up.

as to my experiance & being scared since I told you not to do it, what a joke, I've been building & racing drag cars since before pretty much everyone in this section was born (made my first legal pass at 16 in 1982 but have been at the track since I was born pretty much as I traveld around the north east with my dad while he crew cheifed on some big name cars) & have numerous class, track & division championships under my belt.

I generally make between 500 & 700 passes a year, every year for the past 30 years, scared, I don't think so, but sometimes I try & help out some dumb kid & I never seem to learn that some are just to stubborn to listen.
hahaha you still assume everything. i dropped a lot of weight since my last running, tub k member, full air delete, stereo removed, installed longtubes, lighter flywheel, a better shifting tranny.. if i cant hit 12s ill burn it thank you for being a dick some more

· Registered
21,060 Posts
Im going to be different, and say do it. Just practice with them. I definitely understand what Casper is saying.

Not just on the track, but on the street they will be fun, and like you said to keep you away from getting some speeding tickets.

My pops has them in his Mach 1, which is different because they make power to ~6500rpm, but it woke the car up big time

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Im going to be different, and say do it. Just practice with them. I definitely understand what Casper is saying.

Not just on the track, but on the street they will be fun, and like you said to keep you away from getting some speeding tickets.

My pops has them in his Mach 1, which is different because they make power to ~6500rpm, but it woke the car up big time
OMG THANK YOU. i could always slap a bigger cam in it with springs and make power up top right? modding a car doesnt happen all at once and yes practice will go far. and everyone will think this things an animal when i wanna play cuz ill get 2 gears easy. wow factor. why we buy mustangs its fun

· Registered
21,060 Posts
hahaha you still assume everything. i dropped a lot of weight since my last running, tub k member, full air delete, stereo removed, installed longtubes, lighter flywheel, a better shifting tranny.. if i cant hit 12s ill burn it thank you for being a dick some more
Aright, you ask for help and you sit here the whole time aruguing??? How does that make any sense? Dont ask the question then? I didnt realize you were going back and forth with casper like an ass. Dont like the answers you get, no point in asking. Obviously you just want to install them, so just do it? Why argue??

Reactions: casper gt

· Registered
21,060 Posts
OMG THANK YOU. i could always slap a bigger cam in it with springs and make power up top right? modding a car doesnt happen all at once and yes practice will go far. and everyone will think this things an animal when i wanna play cuz ill get 2 gears easy. wow factor. why we buy mustangs its fun
Im not agreeing with you. You could always slapper bigger CAMS in it yes.

I would go with a higher gear though, 4.10s or 3.90s. I do think 4.30s on a NA GT is to much, simply because they dont make power past 5500rpm

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

· Registered
6,976 Posts
what does it do at the trap in the quarter? and arent you supercharged? im all motor running 103 mph in the quarter.
If you're only trapping 103mph and you don't plan on trapping much higher in the future than the 4.30's are fine. With 3.27's and full bolt ons on street tires mine was trapping 102 with a 2.05 60'. With the addition of 4.10's and 26" drag radials it only trapped 100.5mph with a 1.77 60'. The difference between 4.10's and 4.30's is minimal. When I was n/a I would have gone with 4.30's if I knew how the 4.10's would've felt. Even with 4.10's and 266rwhp I still felt that the car needed more. With 4.30's and a 26" drag radial you'll be redlining around 106mph. I do think you should build the rear before putting a drag radial on the car. I did the entire rearend at the same time so that I don't have breakage at the track launching at 5,000rpm.

Reactions: Geno

· Gear Jammer
189 Posts
My car with 5 spd 4.30s, lowered , catted x, stock catback, 18s on frt 17s on back, no weight reduction ran 13.22 @ 102 with a 1.95 60 with junk et streets. With Et Drag it went [email protected] 103 with a 1.82 60. This was before cams.

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
so i searched the speed calculator that floats around on here and at 6k rpm i should be running 103 on stock tires. if i run a slightly bigger tire i should be mint. and it will be savage to play on the streets

· Registered
6,976 Posts
My car with 5 spd 4.30s, lowered , catted x, stock catback, 18s on frt 17s on back, no weight reduction ran 13.22 @ 102 with a 1.95 60 with junk et streets. With Et Drag it went [email protected] 103 with a 1.82 60. This was before cams.
That's impressive.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts