Modded Mustang Forums banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts
4.56 in DD are a bad idea, in the 70's I worked with a guy that put 4.56's in a Cougar it was horrible, we all laughed at him.
He says fuel millage isnt an issue so all the power to him if he wants to DD a steep gear. nothing els holding him back.
thats not the problem... you lose a lot of potential that your car might have... you don't have as much time to put all 190 crank power to the ground :D

thats not the problem... you lose a lot of potential that your car might have... you don't have as much time to put all 190 crank power to the ground :D
yes we know u lose top end with a steeper gear set and liek i said 3 times already he will regret this gear set if he adds boost but as it goes with his N/A setup currently there is no disadvantage to him as of yet besides fuel millage and minimal engine wear for higher rpm. he wont make it over 120 the car don't have enough balls to do it and the gear set would put him at about 125 MPH before he is exceeding the rpm range of the engine.

Discussion starter · #63 ·
trust me, i dont go 120 and i have no plans of ever doing it even at the strip so it wouldnt be a prob at all

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.