Modded Mustang Forums banner

4.56 Gears

4K views 77 replies 13 participants last post by  Avaric3 
#1 ·
how much of a difference will i see w/ 4.56 gears over 4.10s on my 7.5"?

gas mileage is of no concern to me so dont mention that aspect :D

#6 ·
ull see a diferance, and even tho u don't care about mpg's just keep in mind if u do a lot of high way driving that u will be seeing higher rpms, and all the efects of that.

#8 ·
higher rpm doesn't necessarily mean engine wear. if he takes care of his motor it would be able ot take the extra 400 rpm all day every day like i said. its only a .4 difference guys and back in the day when gas was cheap as hell even 5.0:1 and higher gears were considered very streetable.

#16 ·
higher rpm doesn't necessarily mean engine wear. if he takes care of his motor it would be able ot take the extra 400 rpm all day every day like i said. its only a .4 difference guys and back in the day when gas was cheap as hell even 5.0:1 and higher gears were considered very streetable.
true if he takes car and dose proper mantnce a that will be fine, but the other thing i was geting at was we all know who these cars sound pulling higr rmps not so good, i know personaly after 10-15 min. of 3k i would be geting tierd of it and want to slow down.

#17 ·
Not to mention with the torque multiplication a steeper gear gives it can actually help reduce engine wear and increase fuel millage ion certain driving conditions because it takes the engine less work to get to and maintain that rpm. so yes IMO disregard SSS's opinion on not using it as a DD. if he takes care of his engine and Fuel cost is not an issue. then it will be 100% fine as a DD.

#21 ·
steeper gerars r still very stretabul u just dont see it very oftern, my freind runs 4.73's in his 240sx.

#30 ·
yah but not not the offroading that im talking about. im talking about them driving there v8 as a DD with them. yes the offroading was the reason why they bought the gear. but its his DD still.

it can be done even on a POS vehicle that was beat to hell before it got the steeper gear. its not the high rpm's u got to worry about its the poor engine care or exceeding your rpm range (running out of cam) that you have to worry about. and beleive me a stock v6 will not run out of cam with this gear set.

#38 ·
When did I say it was gonna cause Engine failure?

Extra wear
and
Failure are two different things.

But whatever floats your boat... 4.56gears aren't the way I wanna "move faster" I like power.:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.