Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a spooled 31 spline 4.56 geared mustang. Got a chance to get a vortech v2 kit for pretty much 1k or less. So in terms of drag racing it makes sense because of the fact i will always be in the highest end of boost. obvious downside is daily driving. cant really go faster than 3k rpms in 5th crusing on the highway

Thoughts?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Do it! Youll probably run out of gear at the track unless you run a 28" tire and spin it to 6500rpm.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
You'll run out of gear regardless of a 28 inch tire unless you plan to spin it past 7k+

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well yea gear would end at 6k 113mph with 28's but my local quarter mile is closing and im moving 10-20 minutes away from a 1/8th mile track :)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
How do u like the spool driving on the street? 4.56/31 spline with a spool soounds like alot of fun especially in the 1/8

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
If its 1/8 mile youll be more then fine.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do u like the spool driving on the street? 4.56/31 spline with a spool soounds like alot of fun especially in the 1/8
parking is a bitch and so are driveways but other than that it's fine.

shaun what do you think about DD'ing 70mph on my 17's is 3k rpms dangerous being in boost cruising?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
You wont be in boost lol. Your only in boost if your full throttle. I can rev my car to 6000rpm without going in boost.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
do it and see how it is...should be fun lol

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
You won't notice a difference daily driving the car. It will drive the same way it does now until you mash your foot to the floor. You're not going to have any 1st gear and barely any 2nd with a Vortech and 4.56's. I've got 4.10's and it is plenty. For 1/8 mile the car will be a beast and you will need to shift super fast. What does the car run N/A in the 1/4? If with a true 28" tire and 4.56's you'd be pushing it to around 6250 to get through the traps.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
you'll blow the tires off in 4th on the street lol. 5th gear burnouts?:D:D

lmao just messin with ya, way to much gear for me, couldn't imagine driving it on the street like that, must sound like an 18 wheeler leaving a stoplight.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
I've got 4.10s with a vortech and its fun on the streets but I need 3.55's if I want to do real racing.

I bet 456 will be way too much for you.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You won't notice a difference daily driving the car. It will drive the same way it does now until you mash your foot to the floor. You're not going to have any 1st gear and barely any 2nd with a Vortech and 4.56's. I've got 4.10's and it is plenty. For 1/8 mile the car will be a beast and you will need to shift super fast. What does the car run N/A in the 1/4? If with a true 28" tire and 4.56's you'd be pushing it to around 6250 to get through the traps.
i have a 175 shot now granted im having some issues with it, the hsotis pretty strong
this is a bogged launch at 4k clutch drop didnt think it was gonna hook so good but screwed up since it almost turned off lol either way still activated nitrous afterwards cause i had to beat that guy from a local car meet, he had a 200 shot cam and carb

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Boy, if you did that with a bogged start, I would love to see you stick it through the first few without an issue. Even then you owned him early.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
You wont be in boost lol. Your only in boost if your full throttle. I can rev my car to 6000rpm without going in boost.
+1

All motors are in vacuum when cruising. Even though the supercharger is generating boost, its going out the blow off valve. You have to open the throttle for it to get to the motor.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool, so the piece im missing is the tap into the oil pan[the female fitting]

·
Registered
808 Posts
Those gears will work with a t-56 but the tremec is to low geared. If im reading your sig right and you have a 5sp. I have 3.27 gear in my 5 sp car and it has insane wheel spin even with drag radials. 4.30 with 28 inch tires and a t-56 works from what I read and that's the limit on a boosted car. Of course FLSFC UCAs LCAs
Let us know how it works. I for one want alittle more gear but am up in the air about what ratio to use.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those gears will work with a t-56 but the tremec is to low geared. If im reading your sig right and you have a 5sp. I have 3.27 gear in my 5 sp car and it has insane wheel spin even with drag radials. 4.30 with 28 inch tires and a t-56 works from what I read and that's the limit on a boosted car. Of course FLSFC UCAs LCAs
Let us know how it works. I for one want alittle more gear but am up in the air about what ratio to use.
i have a tr3650 not a t45 its a little better on first. as of now first isnt a problem. 2nd is. Shifting into second my rpm starts at 4,500-4,700 which makes third come very quick and i havent dyno'd the car but i would assume with the nitrous the tq comes in at lower rpms than that. I figure with the centri it will be good for me to be in the high side of the rpms to maximize boost and hp.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts