·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know a good route to go all motor 2004 gt 2 valve

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
MMR 5.3 Boss block stroker. 12:1 compression or higher depending on gas or Meth. TFS heads ported by fox lake. Logan Intake. Stage 3 n/a cams. Good luck driving that combo on the streets. Might hit 400whp, but it's hard to say for sure.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
why so many MMR nutswingers? MMR isnt the only place to get stuff. personally, there is only 2 item i would get from that place. i wouldnt touch foxlake products with a 10ft pole either.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
questions omes down to:

how much $ you want to spend?

always going to stay n/a?

whats the use of the car?

·
Registered
364 Posts
There seems to be a lot of fans of MMR around here... to be honest I've heard some pretty awful things about their oil pumps, though I can't seem to entirely find out what happened with all of that (I'm running their billet oil pump in my 2v).

If I had to do it all over again I would probably do a 5.4 aluminum motor in mine.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
5.4? why?

mmr pumps have mixed reviews. any oil pump with billet gears will be fine. i installed one of the regular mmr oil pumps in a car, havent had any issues from it. i know they are hit and miss, but the one in that motor still fine.

as far as mmr the company.... nice people to talk to as long as you dont have a problem from them/their products, they are way over priced on most their stuff, they became more of a quanity bussiness than quality business imo.

·
5,502 Posts
5.4? why?

mmr pumps have mixed reviews. any oil pump with billet gears will be fine. i installed one of the regular mmr oil pumps in a car, havent had any issues from it. i know they are hit and miss, but the one in that motor still fine.

as far as mmr the company.... nice people to talk to as long as you dont have a problem from them/their products, they are way over priced on most their stuff, they became more of a quanity bussiness than quality business imo.
What would be better, in your opinion for quality? I haven't bought anything from MMR, I just found that they are popular among the mod motor forums and I've seen more people using their products. Livernois is much more expensive and DSS seems rather shady, for instance.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
5.4? why?
I have to ask the same question. I've seen a bunch of 5.4 2V cars over the years, and none of them would outperform their 4.6 brothers given the same or similar mods.

There's explanations behind why, but I won't get into them here.

Well, they would do really cool burnouts because of the extra torque, but that was about it.....:eek:

To the OP: If you want to get big horsepower naturally aspirated, you're going to have to go to a big bore setup, point blank.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
What would be better, in your opinion for quality? I haven't bought anything from MMR, I just found that they are popular among the mod motor forums and I've seen more people using their products. Livernois is much more expensive and DSS seems rather shady, for instance.
mmr is only popular really with the 2v crowd lol.....their shortblocks are the basic stuff and then to upgrade to all the good stuff the other people include in the motors already it get expensive... just like mmr charges like 1200 for their ported heads...but then their ported heads doesnt come with any of the good ****..you have to upgrade to all of it..

but like stated whats your budget or the limit on the credit card:D

·
5,502 Posts
Teksid Aluminum block: 86 lbs. Stock Iron block: 154 lbs. Boss block: 164 lbs.

Weight difference may make a difference if you're looking at throwing the car through some turns, but then, if you've got a stock block, you're not gaining much weight considering the extra power potential. Just something to consider depending on your goals.

·
5,502 Posts
mmr is only popular really with the 2v crowd lol.....their shortblocks are the basic stuff and then to upgrade to all the good stuff the other people include in the motors already it get expensive... just like mmr charges like 1200 for their ported heads...but then their ported heads doesnt come with any of the good ****..you have to upgrade to all of it..

but like stated whats your budget or the limit on the credit card:D
That's true, but who would be better? I see MMR builds on SVTP all the time as well. Assuming I'd like to spend no more than 4-4.5k on a shortblock, who would be best to hand my money to?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
dss is pretty good, i like their stuff. as for quality, not sure. i do all my own building, porting, etc. i set my stuff up according to what i feel like or what people what in their cars. perks of running a shop :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts