Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into a good crate engine for a good base engine for a build... I was looking at dss racing.. They any good? Is there better? Is there cheaper?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i think mmr is cheaper. Ive heard positive things about DSS

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mmr got a website? I've heard of them but I've yet to see see anything bout them...

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
from what I hear MMR is one of the best DSS, livernois, SHM are also good from what I hear :)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmmm... mmr600... kenne bell 2.1L supercharger... sounds like a great beginning to me... then later...trickflow heads... stage 2.5 blower cams... oooo weeeee... hello 11 second stang

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
MMR 600 is 600 crank hp, youll reach that fairly quick with a blower. Def go for somethin like the 950. you put a 2.1L on with decent boost and no reason you wont be in the upper 11s with just that.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not planning to but maybe break into 500 with the kb at the rear wheels more like 400-450... im gonna keep it conservative... its a daily driver after all... i have friend of mine down her with a 04 cobra pushing 550 or so give or take at the rear wheels ... with a the kb.. runs 11.7 and that's cutting a 1.90 60ft with crappy nitto dr's

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Trust me power gets addicting, your always gonna want more. May as well pay an extra few hundred bucks now, then have to redo the shortblock when you want more power and the block cant handle it. A 600 crank hp motor is good to just above 500 hp, thats really not alot for a blown V8.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I want anythng more ill just build a strictly strip 454 camaro or chevelle or something similar and stay N/A

1 - 12 of 12 Posts