Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about to pull the trigger on a paxton novi 1200SL supercharger kit. It comes with a tune for my 06 mustang gt with the blower on, so I wouldnt need a shop with a dyno to get me a custom tune after the install of the blower. Also comes with all the fuel upgrades and, according to the website, everything needed to install this on a stock 06 gt. Expected power is 420 hp, 400 tq, on 10psi of boost. Any opinions on if this should be a safe/reliable setup for my deadstock car with the exception of a CAI and muffler/resonator delete? I've been debating just upgrading to a coyote, but love my car, and would prefer to just supercharge it if I am convinced this kit wont be detrimental to my engine

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
about to pull the trigger on a paxton novi 1200SL supercharger kit. It comes with a tune for my 06 mustang gt with the blower on, so I wouldnt need a shop with a dyno to get me a custom tune after the install of the blower. Also comes with all the fuel upgrades and, according to the website, everything needed to install this on a stock 06 gt. Expected power is 420 hp, 400 tq, on 10psi of boost. Any opinions on if this should be a safe/reliable setup for my deadstock car with the exception of a CAI and muffler/resonator delete? I've been debating just upgrading to a coyote, but love my car, and would prefer to just supercharge it if I am convinced this kit wont be detrimental to my engine
also should note that my car has 70k miles and is in great condition

· Super Moderator
4,940 Posts
Op I hope that tune is good. You’re right on the edge of what is considered safe on a factory motor. Now the trans is another story. If it hasn’t been touched it will grenade itself eventually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts