Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor is smoking and down on power. It has 200,000+ miles. I found a 4.6 locally out of a merc marq for $400 71,000 miles. The motor is still in the car and runs fine. Is the long block the same as a 97 GT? I am pretty sure it is a non pi but maybe the forum can tell me more. My car is more of a cruiser and a show car and the smoke is embarassing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
what is it going in, if manual tranny you need to find out if it is romeo or windsor

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
why not just do the pi swap?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just doesn't seem to be a smart call to put heads on a motor with 200,250 miles. It is an auto being that it is in a mercury marquis. I also wouldn't think it would matter if it was a Romeo or Windsor as I am swapping the long block into a 97 gt with a five speed and I will be using my tranny. I really just want to know if a 4.6 long block is the same no matter what it came from.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I really just want to know if a 4.6 long block is the same no matter what it came from.
Pretty Much, Majority of 4.6/5.4s are all the Same so to speak There are Slight Differences for sure but nothing that should effect you swaping motors;)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Not a difference. do the swap. block is the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts