Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a 2000 mustang gt with a motor knock.i have 2000 in for the car and i dont want to go much over 4000

i tore the engine down and found a cracked piston im going to replace the pistons.everything else looks good on the bottom end. i have 2000 to spend on the rest of the motor. what should i look at doing to get maximum horsepower as far as gettin the heads ported and polished intake manfold cams headers throttle bodys ect?
thanks for all your answers in advance

·
Registered
403 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think i went over a little LOL. I think for now youd be good without the LTs and just get a off road x pipe and you should do just fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks....is the upper intake good enough cause ive seen some for 500 and that just seems like so much.what im thinking is port and polished heads cam headers cat back exaust throttle body and cold ait intake. also i have a set of 373's to put in and i also have a clutch that needs to be put in when i go back together. what should i run 1/4 mile and around how much horsepower do u think ill be at?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Nico CAI is a cold air intake.

Um i cant really be certain man. since i dont know your comp ratio. If you were at the stock 9.4-1 i would GUESS You might be around 320whp more or less. with 3.73s you would probably run the 1/4 in the low 13s or high 12s. But thats just a guess.

Haha I have the bullit manifold on mine, that was a retarded $1600. But it was worth it since my car is blown. their going for like $2000 now. Eww.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol not use to the short terms lol thanks. one more question for ya how much should i be looking at spending to get my heads done

·
Registered
403 Posts
like a p.a.p job? (port and polish)

That depends entirely on the machine shop. Around here theyll do both for about $400

·
Registered
760 Posts
I think you would be better off getting a junkyard motor and swapping it then figuring out what your overall plans are for the car. But for general first mods since you will have the motor out go with Long tube headers, either off road or catted mid pipe. Go on youtube to hear the difference. a set of gears either 3.73's or 4.10's, Throttlebody and plenum combo, Cold air intake and a tuner. And most important take time and research all the info is on this forum.

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
A cai does absolutely nothing for a 2v. I don't care what these guys say. I got one in a nitrous deal. Installed it. Felt NO difference and went back to stock. Spend your money on something that will provide an actual gain. If you want one I have a bbk polished metal. 120 plus the ride. But they are just for looks cause they don't do ****

·
Registered
403 Posts
See but the mods feed off of eachother. If all you have is a cai, you wont feel ****. but if you have some heavy cams that will draw in more air... it helps.

·
Registered
760 Posts
A cai does absolutely nothing for a 2v. I don't care what these guys say. I got one in a nitrous deal. Installed it. Felt NO difference and went back to stock. Spend your money on something that will provide an actual gain. If you want one I have a bbk polished metal. 120 plus the ride. But they are just for looks cause they don't do ****
+1 your absolutely right a drop in K&N filter will do just fine

·
Registered
760 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts