Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to the forum stuff.

i have decided what im going to do for my engine upgrade. im upgrading heads and cams to trick flow twisted wedge 44cc top end kit. but im having a hard time deciding what fuel pump and fuel injectors i need. i already have ford racing intake, 78mm throttle body, pypes off road h-pipe, and flow master exhaust. i know i need headers. im not looking for huge power that will be a long well thought out process before that happens. but what do you all think?

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

forgot to mention that its a 2002.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
Should be fine with a simple walbro 255 pump. 42lb injectors would be more than enough but doesnt hurt to over do the injector sizes. Costs are about the same from 42lb injectors to 80lb.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Alot of money for little gain imo considering lightly used supercharger kits go for $2500-$3000. If you're set on the heads atleast get custom cams to get a little more power. I've got a lightly used 26000 mile svt focus pump that drops right in if you're interested. $70 shipped. The Walbro Tu229HP-2 is a good replacement as well. For injectors you can get used 39lb cobra injectors with adapters for $150 or look for 42's. They'll give you enough head room up to 500rwhp.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I tend to agree with Blownstang. Horsepower is pretty easy to make with a centrifugal supercharger. I went with a new ProCharger but used kits are abundant.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive changed my mind

I tend to agree with Blownstang. Horsepower is pretty easy to make with a centrifugal supercharger. I went with a new ProCharger but used kits are abundant.
lol guys ive definitely changed my mind after riding in my buddies '03 mustang with procharge setup. i am definitely going procharger. but finding a used one is a little difficult when your not used to navigating forums. ive ordered 42lb injectors and 255lph fuel pump. what else might i need other than a tune?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts