Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just had a quick question for you all. I have a '99 Cobra that has the basic bolt-ons like Flowmaster xpipe and cat-back, K&N CAI and well thats just about it. I also have 20" Foose Rims that add some weight but Im not loosen thos ;) so that leaves me with a stock heavy car that seems to be a bit sluggish. I have $650 and was wondering what would be the most effective mod that I could do to get me up and going. Im looking for some big acceleration if I can get it. lol I cant even beat this '97 Camaro that I no. Any suggestions? :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome to the forums.

Gears would be your friend right now.
I was thinkin about puttin 4.10's in but idk how much thats gonna incress my 1/4mile, plus I think im gettin that done this summer when the engine goes though its stroked/forged overhaul to a 5.0 so I can TT it, but for now is there anything else I could do (besides nitrous)

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
check out our forums and read up man.

you have very little mods.

each mod works with another to cut your 1320 down

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol I would, to loose a **** ton of weight (there heavy!) but its also a show car on its off time and the rims help

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
lol I would, to loose a **** ton of weight (there heavy!) but its also a show car on its off time and the rims help
its not neccesarily the weight, its the height of them, it would be like putting a even lower set of gears in it. putting 4.10's in it might be the equivelent of stock with those monsters on it. i would worry about that before the added weight and rotational mass

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
The $2,000 it would take for the steeda 18"s lol. I would if I could sell the ones that I got since tha steeda rims look perdy damn nice to
why not just get something cheaper? steeda rims are ugly IMO.

get some 17's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was thinkin about puttin 4.10's in but idk how much thats gonna incress my 1/4mile, plus I think im gettin that done this summer when the engine goes though its stroked/forged overhaul to a 5.0 so I can TT it, but for now is there anything else I could do (besides nitrous)
I have 4.56's and love them. 1.6 60 ft and 7.9 @ 86mph in the 1/8th so far. :cool:

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
If you're going to TT the car this summer then don't go over 4.10. Get the gears and a tuner. A shifter, although it won't help with performance, will help your times on the track.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts