Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, doing my first engine rebuild with a 1996 mustang gt motor it is the 2v romeo bock. I'm using a a book I got from O'rileys auto parts to do the rebuild but would like some advice from the experts. Because of my age I have a limited budget (about 500$) to rebuild it. I'm planing on selling the NPI heads and put the money towards some used PI heads. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
What exactly do you need advice on?

Post pics as you're tearing it down and building, should make for a good write up or something.

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
Well you're not gonna get to 350HP with only 500, but just take your time and read carefully and ask any questions you have on here, but to ask a stupid question than blowing something up or risk hurting yourself

·
Registered
813 Posts
get yourself a Haynes manual that will show you all the specifics of the engine and how to do a complete tear down and rebuild with pictures. also it has torque specs listed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the feedback, will be getting a haynes manula this week. First pics should go up on saturday.

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
with full exhaust that might be close, maybe a tune as well, most people hit 275 range with the full PI swap, so that with exhaust and CAI and tune might get you there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts