Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '97 gt and it seems to have some slight damage to the frame but the engine still runs great and has fairly low miles. i was wondering if anyone knew of some cars that i could swap the engine (4.6l 2v) into without too much hassle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
find another gt that is a roller, and swap the tranny and motor in with no problems at all

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
haha put it in a focus itll work you just gotta get the tranny from a frount wheel drive v8 like i think one of the lincons is

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
if you're meaning the Lincoln LS, it's RWD.

There are RWD conversions for Foci, but I usually see them done with a 5.0. I've heard of a DOHC 4.6 in a Focus Wagon, but I've yet to see any evidence of it.

EDIT: Forgot my suggestion: get a Factory 5 kit, either roadster or coupe. Stock 4.6L isn't all that impressive in a 3400 lb Mustang, but it will flat f***ing haul in a 2300 lb Cobra Coupe!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Theres a guy up the road from where I live that does the v8 foci swaps...hes stuffed a 351 under the hood of a wagon....cost about 50k though...some guy in london wanted it done. He puts modular 4.6 4v's in foci's all day long...although the carburated 302's are more popular only because its a cheaper install, no wiring an ecu or any of that stuff. I think it would be fun to try this on ur own there is a kit out there that includes everything u need for the conversion except the engine, tranny, driveshaft, and more small stuff. It comes w/ an 8.8 or a 9" rear end im pretty sure...u'd have to look it up to find out for sure though here's the link for the kit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts