Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going from the stock 4 cat h pipe set up to a magnaflow with just 2 cats. Does the stock 4 cat system have 4 02 sensors or only 2? Will I get any codes from this change? The car is a stock 89GT. And if anyone has the part number or link to a 4 cat magnaflow h pipe send it my way, I've only been able to find their 4 cat X pipe. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
only 2 O2 sensors, and no codes should show up, they didnt with me any ways

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know, thank you sir!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
no one likes a boring ass forum haha.. MM has a bunch of ****in degenerates, i fit right in

·
Registered
342 Posts
no one likes a boring ass forum haha.. MM has a bunch of ****in degenerates, i fit right in

·
Registered
342 Posts
your on a .gif rampage tonight huh? lol

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I'm going from the stock 4 cat h pipe set up to a magnaflow with just 2 cats. Does the stock 4 cat system have 4 02 sensors or only 2? Will I get any codes from this change? The car is a stock 89GT. And if anyone has the part number or link to a 4 cat magnaflow h pipe send it my way, I've only been able to find their 4 cat X pipe. Thanks.
You don;t need a 4 cat system. I don't think Magnaflow makes a catted H pipe any more. I don't see it at Summit, Jegs, or on the Magnaflow site. Only the X

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, since I am one, what is a derp? I've found the 2 cat h pipe no problem, but when I tried to buy it from Amazon they said they could not ship that to California. I'm going to order it elsewhere if I can find another vendor with free shipping, willing to sell it to me. If all else fails I'm going to have it shipped to my bro in Utah. Are you sure I don't need the 4 cat? I thought legally I did but I'm not positive but if you're right that would be sweet because I worry about the visual inspection, the 2 cat should pass the sniffer no problem I would think. I think you're right, they don't make the 4H anymore.

·
Registered
342 Posts
here in NY you dont need cats lol.. but did you try american muscle? they have free shipping. I think cjponyparts might have free shipping too, not sure though, i haven't bought from them in a while because their prices are high

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
its a fuking bitch to get a fox to pass a sniffer with 2 cats, trust me, personal experience with 2 diff cars

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Thats what you may have to do....Ship it to your brother and have him ship it to you. California are dicks like that. California wants you to have all 4 cats and even if you bought just cats they have to be specific ones that are approved by California

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its a fuking bitch to get a fox to pass a sniffer with 2 cats, trust me, personal experience with 2 diff cars
The hell you say! True story? Now that's depressing so what was you're set up and what did you end up doing? If this is the case I may have to go with the 4 cat X. Are the stock 4 cats really as restrictive as I've heard or is that just rumor? And what's a derp?
signed,
The Derp

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
save your stock h-pipe because you may have to swap back and forth just for smog.. I still have about 14 months before i have to smog my car and i have the bbk 2 cat x pipe. I'm not sure if ill even pass visual but we will see.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Unless it is approved for CA sale and certified 50 state, CA can fail it. I'm not in CA. I have the 2 cat model with a lot of additional stuff that car passes with far better emissions numbers than my completely stock mustang with 4 cats. If someone has a problem with the Magnaflow 2 cat model passing, either that specific h-pipe is bad or there are other problems.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
The hell you say! True story? Now that's depressing so what was you're set up and what did you end up doing? If this is the case I may have to go with the 4 cat X. Are the stock 4 cats really as restrictive as I've heard or is that just rumor? And what's a derp?
signed,
The Derp
Rob Schneider is a derp.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts