Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a picture of a good location to route a 4 gauge Amplifier power through the firewall on the drivers side (in route to the trunk)? Don't see any good existing grommet locations. Thanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Don't have a picture but there should be an ample sized hole up behind the pedals. Otherwise worse case scenario, make a hole there. :dunno

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Don't have a picture but there should be an ample sized hole up behind the pedals. Otherwise worse case scenario, make a hole there. :dunno
Thats where mines at

·
Registered
366 Posts
seems like I remember a rubber grommet somewhere in that area that I made the hole bigger and ran mine with some other wires but that has been a while back

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
go behind driver kick panel and take out splash shield look in back and there is a hole and its out of the way.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up going through the spare grommet intended for the speedo cable IF I were to go to a manual tranny...just added 3' more length than I wanted.

I'm not putting in anything crazy...Just a new head unit (actually a great older one I pulled out of my boat), replaced all 6 speakers w\ 2 ohm Infinities, routing new speaker wires back to the trunk, planning on a JL Audio 6-channel amp to power all speakers, pre-wiring for add-on sub & amp if needed.

I started with replacing the speakers first, sounded OK but not great...Replaced the head unit & by-passed the puny amp...but the 2 pair 2ohm speakers on the front channel caused an over heat issue on the head unit. While I had more door panels off, I'm re-building the power window motors & adjusting all the windows. Fixed the saggy map pockets. Pulled the seats out & now just going for it while the car is in for the winter.

The previous owner lived on a dirt road...he didn't drive it much but Holy **** there is dirt everywhere under carpet, etc. So I'm takin my time & cleaning it up too. It's nice doing audio work in a convertible with the top down & the seats out ;).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts