Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
do you mean 15" steelies? oem steelies on the mustang were 14", so getting a 15" steel wheel will mean leaving the mustang fray and looking to a ford focus.

03-08 focii had 4x108 steel wheels in 15x6. The only problem you will have tho is the wheel offset. fox mustang steelies are about 1" positive offset, but the focus is 1 7/8". Wheel spacers might be needed.

Why don't you just run a mustang 15" alloy wheel from a GT or 5.0 LX?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
woah woah Zonker what planet are you from? lol, last time i checked the 15" wheel option was on the 2.3l LX model. My 1991 had A/C power mirrors, power windows, A/T, map light, sun visor lights, AND aluminum 15" wheels. From the factory. :D

And noone needs to put ugly hubcaps on stock steelies on their car. will give you a link to a website that has 14 and 15" new steelies that look GOOD for 50-53 bucks a piece.

http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/1311/BART_SILVER_MULTI-FIT_MINI-STOCK_WHEELS
the only downside is they only offer silver powdercoat, but that will look good on most cars, and if not you can find someone who will stip and re coat them for cheap.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
also note that those wheels say that they are listed as offset, but they are actually measuring backspacing. Dont get it confused.

·
Registered
660 Posts
woah woah Zonker what planet are you from? lol, last time i checked the 15" wheel option was on the 2.3l LX model. My 1991 had A/C power mirrors, power windows, A/T, map light, sun visor lights, AND aluminum 15" wheels. From the factory. :D

And noone needs to put ugly hubcaps on stock steelies on their car. will give you a link to a website that has 14 and 15" new steelies that look GOOD for 50-53 bucks a piece.

BART SILVER MULTI-FIT MINI-STOCK WHEELS
the only downside is they only offer silver powdercoat, but that will look good on most cars, and if not you can find someone who will stip and re coat them for cheap.
Nitpick city yo!
Yes, 10 hole alloy wheels were an option on 90's 2.3 LX's, but more often than not, they had 14" polycast or 14" steelies with wire wheel hubcaps. Its much easier to call those wheels 5.0 LX wheels since the majority of 5.0 LX's came with the 10 hole alloys.

Besides, he wants a wheel that will accept a hubcap, so all this talk of attractive wheels that don't need hubcaps is a moot point. However, it's cool to see you found some steel bubba wheels that he can put hubcaps on

I vote for covering those wanna be joe dirt wheels you found with moon discs.

·
Registered
660 Posts
also note that those wheels say that they are listed as offset, but they are actually measuring backspacing. Dont get it confused.
oem 14" polycast rim = 1" (25mm) positive offset

6" rim w/ 2" backspacing = 1.5" (-38mm) negative offset
6" rim w/ 3" backspacing = 0.5" (-12mm) negative offset
6" rim w/ 4" backspacing = 0.5" (12mm) positive offset
7" rim w/ 2" backspacing = 2.0" (-52mm) negative offset
7" rim w/ 3" backspacing = 1.0" (-25mm) negative offset
7" rim w/ 4" backspacing = 0" (0mm) offset
8" rim w/ 2" backspacing = 3.0" (-76mm) negative offset
8" rim w/ 3" backspacing = 2.0" (-52mm) negative offset
8" rim w/ 4" backspacing = 1" (-25mm) negative offset

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
who honsestly wants a positive offset though?? fill up those wheel wells, no offset with an 8" wide wheel is amazing on a mustang.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts