Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note: Im not a professional, in this test i used the waxes per the directions on the pot and used a different Microfiber cloth to buff off each wax. The whole trunk was polished with V36/White pad followed by SF4500/Blue pad. After polishing the entire trunk was IPAed twice with a clean MF cloth.

Ok i finally got my wax video uploaded. I polished and prepped my entire trunk the same way in order to make the test as fair as possible.

Here's the vid, and ill have some follow-up comments. Click it HD!
Chemical Guys vs. Zymol vs Wolfgang Fuzion - YouTube

Follow up thoughts:

I will be monitoring this test for the next 4-6 weeks to see which wax maintains better water behavior, this car is DD and is outside 24/7.

CG XXX: Big surprise on the beading compared to the other waxes especially for the price point, but we will see about durability over the next few weeks.

Zymol: Im pretty blown away by the shear hydrophobic tendencies of this wax. I cant wait to see the durability, if its anything like the beading im pretty sure im gonna get a pot.

Pete's 53: This is one of my favs and so far i feel its letting me down. The reason i say this is because i had 2 coats of Pete's 53 on my mach 2 and it beaded/sheeted way better on my mustang than it is on my corolla, When it was on my mach 1 it beaded just like Zymol does on the corolla. but fair is fair, the trunk was all prepped the same way and IPAed at the same time.

Fuzion: Again, disappointed at the outcome here, this wax is very coveted and respected as a premium Carnauba and i was expecting more like what we saw out of Zymol. That being said, I WILL NOT give up on Fuzion yet. Fuzion is a pink color and I think one factor of this may be the top of my pot has a whitish color to it, i may need to get a little deeper into the pot to see results like sonic did. (See sonic's date with wolfgang) he got sick beading there, idk why im not.

In conclusion:

This is just a quick test. I plan on a followup test just to insure that my results are valid and consistent.

Reactions: RunninOn6

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
as soon as I saw the first spray and say the one run off more I knew that was Zymol

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"focus camera" LOL. You're making me want to buy some xxx or zymol man :lol
Well wait up on that. After a couple weeks and a couple washes, im going to do a followup review, probably just going to do an IPA wipedown, and add another layer to each wax, i dont wanna give up on Fuzion yet.

That being said, zymol is a beast man, vaders been sayin it for months, and i think theirs some proof. But Fuzion should bead better than that i think.

Im sure sonic will post a beading pic of his car with Fuzion on it lol. Its just like Vader had a bad experience with Hardbody, i had a great one. Im going to figure out whats up with Fuzion.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as soon as I saw the first spray and say the one run off more I knew that was Zymol
I know you did :) lol

What do you think about Fuzion man? Weird right? Obviously Zymol is bonded to the surface and XXX, the whole thing was prepped the same way at the same time. It was a little chilly when i did it but that shouldnt affect it.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
i had the same experience when i used Fuzion..its beading was decent but it didnt sheet all that well. It looked good and was super easy to apply and remove but its water characteristics I never found to be very impressive. Same goes with Souveran. it looks great easy on and off but it isnt all that impressive in the beading sheeting area. I am pretty impressed with how well XXX sheets but see how long its durability last and how long it can keep it up

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had the same experience when i used Fuzion..its beading was decent but it didnt sheet all that well. It looked good and was super easy to apply and remove but its water characteristics I never found to be very impressive. Same goes with Souveran. it looks great easy on and off but it isnt all that impressive in the beading sheeting area. I am pretty impressed with how well XXX sheets but see how long its durability last and how long it can keep it up
Ok that makes me feel better, Im still not happy with Pete's 53, ive seen it do better, hell XXX was doing better. But im glad you say that that beading is normal for Fuzion, and the sheeting was ****. lol

XXX was impressive wasnt it? Damn, and at the DC price? haha. What a value for money, as long as it holds up. This one may be a shootout between Zymol and XXX, with pete's trailing just behind.

I guess on a car that never gets wet Fuzion would be good, but then why would you pay that kinda money for a wax that isnt hydrophobic, thats the best part lol.

As soon as i sell my Fuzion refill, im getting Zymol and THAT is whats going on the mach 1 after i correct. 2 coats.

finally..
Fool im busy. lol I dont have time to post my threads and links to my threads in other threads hahaha

What are youre thoughts on the comparison?

I had a feeling about Fuzion to be honest, thats why i hesitated to order it, but for the price why not try it you know? First hand.

Im sure handz will like this thread, i have another CG product coming in next week for review....:naughty:

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
watched it, impressed and disappointed, idk man

thats my fuzion a week or so after application, its awesome, I haven't worked much with xxx yet, and I had great experience with petes 53
but yeah clearly zymol is kicking ass in your test
and at XXX's bang for buck I'd be going with that :lol
vader send me a sample of glasur and make me a believer lol

also mach not every fuzion looks perfect like mine did, some are tougher and have white in the middle / top, seems to me like not purely melted nuba etc, I called autogeek about it and they said theres nothing wrong with it but it makes me wonder

what surprises me the most is that xxx is outperforming petes (besides fuzion failing you lol) I mean that makes no sense

which do you feel added the best looks? is your fuzion like butter?

"focus camera"

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
although fuzion is wipe on wipe off, I let it haze for like 5 minutes, as its butter on off, even days after I left a spot, it came off pretty easy, I left a spot of petes 53 on, damn that was like concrete on the car, had to basically polish it off.. lol
so say I did the hood, I'd then do the roof and go back buff the hood, do trunk lid, buff roof etc

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
all 3 pots of Fuzion I owned all had the white top. its just from the wax cooling

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
found the picture
pot 2

pot 1

and another
Yea both my pots look like your second, i even took a mf and rubbed into it a bit to see if it helped- nope.

:no just fuzion, the blue accord in the background is bfwdps (no fuzion for her :lol)
Fuzion looked ok beading wise in the rain, but the beads werent super round and consistent like Zymol. Last time i used pete's the beads were perfect, thats why it surprised me today when it wasnt as good as XXX.

It was pretty buttery, but not as buttery as XXX or Pete's for that matter, My Zymol sample is a bit dry so i wont compare it, but even so Zymol was smooth going on.

mach can you recreate this on your mach as well
I could i suppose, i need to test out my V36/Sf4500 combo anyway to see if the clarity and finish will do for the whole car.

I know my mach 1's paint is very wax friendly so i may do that.

As far as which wax looked better, i need more than 1 square foot to figure that out to be honest.

Im probably going to strip wash the trunk of the corolla in a couple weeks and reapply just to see whats up.

Reactions: Blink43va

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Holy awesome video. I seriously have given like 5 other people reps and I still can't rep you or else I would have. . .

Great video. One of my favorite parts was right after Fuzion was swimming in water while the other 3 had sheeted and you were like "I swear I didn't set this up" hahahahaha. Actually I about crapped my pants when I saw how much Glasur hates water. . .What the f, I have never seen anything sheet like that.

Get some and I'll trade you some Ammo reflective paste for it ;)

Extremely inpressed with xxx to be honest. I have tomorrow off maybe I will do a 4 way test on the hood of my truck. I have Ammo/Dodo/XXX/Pete's. After watching that video I want some freakin Glasur. Vader always said it didn't dust but who knew it sheds water like a boss.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Great review Mach! REP'd!

Interested to see how long my BFWD+Pete's 53 combo will last. The combination of paint correction and lsp's really made my paint pop!

I think my next purchase will be Zymol Glasur.

-Blink

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Great review Mach!

Interested to see how long my BFWD+Pete's 53 combo will last. The combination of paint correction and lsp's really made my paint pop!

I think my next purchase will be Zymol Glasur.

-Blink
I think everyone's will be after seeing it like this. Insaneeeee.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts