Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I like to find a good combination of right parts. Here are some parts i'am looking at,
AFR 165 emission head.
Holley sysmax upper and lower intake
F-cam
stock bottom end
power dyne s/c about 10psi (comes with 255lphfuel pump and 19lbs injectors)
70 tb
70 maf
I have bbk long tube exhaust manifolds
I think thats all i need, well i hope

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats size injectors and what cam should i get. and how about the 185 afr head will they see that

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
TFS heads
nice intake
custom grind cam
vortech or procharger (not a powerdyne fan)
do a compression/leakdown to see if it is safe to put this on your stock bottom end
big tb
huge maf
headers
exhaust
that should get you there

on a different note you havent even mentioned accompanying things like suspension, tires, transmission, subframe connectors, torque box reinforcement, with this power you will need all of that

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
ditch the
heads
injectors
s/c
cam

youll need at least a 185cc head if not more,

as stated id do a custom grind or at least a blower girnd from comp or someone

injectors prob 30 or 36lb

and powerdynes just dont seem to last, the belts break, the ones around me i keep hearing of 4-5 times since they have been purchased

·
Banned
464 Posts
that should put you in the area you're looking for easily, depending on the cam. f cam is not ideal. stock cam would be better.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
f cam would prbly be a little better than stock on a boosted application

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
on that note, i wouldn't pay for one, i'd still put the money toward a custom

·
Banned
464 Posts
on that note, i wouldn't pay for one, i'd still put the money toward a custom
talking to an ex nmca racer, when he sold my buddy his turbo car he said they did a few different cams to get a comparison, and the stock cam made more power with boost than the f cam.

·
Banned
464 Posts
you think i asked for a dyno chart when the guy told me in the parking lot of his work, what he and buddies did years ago and what the results were?

·
Banned
464 Posts
Probably should've got one. I've heard f-cam's are good for boosted applications on a budget.
what the f*** is wrong with you douchebags?
my buddy didn't buy his friggin nmca car, that thing is long gone. he bought a turbo street car.
why should i have gotten a dyno chart for a car that i will never see?
why should i have asked for a dyno chart for something i dont give a **** about?
the guy was knowledgable, and i took his word for it. could he have been mistaken and said F when he meant B or E? yes, do i care? no. i was relaying what i was told by a guy experienced with boosted cars, take it or leave it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts