Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just curious to what its gonna take to get a fox to see 400 horsepower ''Naturally Aspirated'' does anyone have suggestions?

Im in the process of trying to get another vehicle that way i can turn my fox into a strip car or weekend car. im wanting to stay cheap as possible, my car is fairly stock:

3.55 Gears
Pro 5.0 Short Throw
Fat and skinnies
No front sway bar
k&n high flow filter
MSD Ignition
stock suspension
Electric Fan (Took off mechanical fan)
Be Cool Radiator
Stock Mufflers (wore out )
Stock Short headers
Stock intake manifold
stock heads ( I Think )

But would all could i do to achieve it? or atleast around 350HP to the wheels for sorta cheap.

Thanks.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Nevermind. I see you said 350 at the wheels at the end. I stick to my original answer.... A lot lol

Heads, cam, intake, and supporting junk.

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol im really leaning towards the Gt40 intake, Gt40 Heads , some Jegs longtube headers because they are cheaper , underdrive pulleys, 3.73s or 4.10s 3'' X-PIPE for coyote convertion for a fox a newer set of mufflers dumped with turn downs. and a cam but idk what would be the best cam to go with if im wanting to run all motor.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
Honestly you are gonna need heads and intake better than that. Something like trick flow 170's and Holley systeMax with a custom cam. Still 350 to the wheels isn't easy on a stock bottom end.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
with a $1500 budget, I'll let the pros handle this. I'll just learn a thing or 10.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Purely a guess but I'd say you should save for a stroker and some nice new or used heads. Mustang don't need a ton of HP to go fast

1 - 20 of 69 Posts